Lexus CT200h Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First post. Getting lots of great info here.

I am getting ready to order a CT and trying to choose the best color. I do not want anything too trendy so I have narrowed it down to Granite Mica (dark gray) , Starfire Pearl (white) & Tungsten Pearl (silver).

Just left the dealership and saw all three side by side on IS model. We recently had a rainstorm and the white and silver showed no dirt, but the dark gray had a layer of noticeable dirt.

I have always noticed that Lexus always look extremely clean, even in black.

So, if you own a Granite Mica (dark gray), is it hard to keep clean?

·
Premium Member
661 Posts
I have Black, and its hard to keep clean with springtime polen but when its rainy once a week its not bad. Starfire Pearl is probably the most popular color among CT's, Tungsten Pearl is one of least. I had Silver with previous vehicle and takes a lot to look dirty.

·
Registered
296 Posts
White is the most popular but i am going with silver! For 2012 they are replacing granite mica.........

But i think white or silver are the best! I have a white Prius and i love it but its just too popular!

·
Premium Member
1,101 Posts
White is the most popular but i am going with silver! For 2012 they are replacing granite mica.........
Replacing granite mica with what?

·
Premium Member
1,101 Posts
So, if you own a Granite Mica (dark gray), is it hard to keep clean?
I went with the Granite Mica and was on the fence about white. I've had a silver car before and they stay fairly clean, as well as the white. Granite Mica isn't real hard to keep clean, but it definitely shows more than the silver or white would, but obviously doesn't show as much dirt as a black car.

·
Registered
283 Posts
Well I wanted the Starfire Pearl, as I like white vehicles, but the dealer only had the Tungsten Pearl coming in that was loaded and they gave me a good deal on it. All this before the problems in Japan. Having it since March, I think the Tungsten Pearl shows less dirt then my white ones did.

Just glad I was able to get one with all the options and no wait. Mine was one of the first in and at their showing and I purchased it that week.

·
Registered
410 Posts
We have both. You can see both colors side-by-side ... ;)

·
Registered
414 Posts
When I was buying mine, I had the choice of the Smokey Granite Mica, Fire Agate Pearl and Daybreak Yellow Mica.

After seeing about every other Toyota Corolla out there is the gray colour, I eliminated that colour quickly (can't be looking like every Toyota out there!). And the yellow was too far out there for me. So the brown was an easy choice. And everyone who's seen it absolutely loves it!

·
Premium Member
1,101 Posts
Those seem to be nice pictures but they are so small! Repost them bigger!
Yes, please do!

So what did the 2 of you drive before your CT's arrived? And what are you doing with all the $ you're saving on gas!? :eek:

·
Premium Member
661 Posts
I was set on getting Obsidian. Had it before and it looks great. Love black car with dark tint, and LED DRLs look amazing on Dark vehicle during the day. Real mean :)

·
Registered
410 Posts
Those seem to be nice pictures but they are so small! Repost them bigger![/quote]

Ok guys, I need to be banned from posting pics. hehe I always do it wrong! Grrh... Ok, so what did I do wrong? Let me try to figure it out.

Geez, I tried a few more times and they are still small. I have no idea what I'm doing wrong. I using the "manage attachments" button to select the files to upload. Dang, this is annoying. Sorry guys... :mad:

Help...

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I think we are leaning towards the silver. Thanks for all the replies.

By the way, I'd love to the posted pics a bit larger. That is a great picture to compare the white and silver.

·
Registered
89 Posts
I like the silver too and have one on order. I think it has a certain understated elegance to it. Also a good choice for hot climate. However, I would take any color my dealer could get with the options that I'm looking for. I like all the colors that are offered, although yellow would be pushing me to the edge.

·
Premium Member
661 Posts
Ok guys, I need to be banned from posting pics. hehe I always do it wrong! Grrh... Ok, so what did I do wrong? Let me try to figure it out.

Geez, I tried a few more times and they are still small. I have no idea what I'm doing wrong. I using the "manage attachments" button to select the files to upload. Dang, this is annoying. Sorry guys... :mad:

Help...
Because your not a Premium member you might not be able to upload images. I use Imageshack.com and just paste the URL link when you click "Insert Image" (Picture of Mountains)

·
Premium Member
1,101 Posts
Same here, I use www.photobucket.com, as this CT site limits the size of the photos AND how many you upload.

·
Registered
410 Posts
Ok, I tried it again with Flicker and it did the same thing. So annoying I know.
Sorry....

·
Registered
237 Posts
Smoky Granite Mica for me, I love the black too!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.