Lexus CT200h Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've had my CT for 3 weeks now. There's not much power, but I bought the CT for the quiet, comfort, and smoothness, all of which it has in gallons. Speaking of gallons, my average mpg is 52, doing 75+mph on the highway, etc. I guess I have a super-soft foot, as I can't imagine how you guys are getting below 45mpg.

I installed the Curt trailer hitch in about 25 minutes. Very easy to install and torque down. Here it is with a bike rack and bike attached:

I'd definitely be nervous adding anything more than two mountain bikes to the back, but gas mileage was not affected on my 3 hour drive with the bike+luggage in tow.

My only (minor) complaint so far: the media holder rattles when my phone is in it! I took it apart last night to see if I could tighten down the mechanism to no avail. Still, the car is super-tight. Coming from a rattly, stiff, loud Mini Cooper S, it's bliss.

Attachments

·
Registered
26 Posts
Looks very nice... Im leary abouy my hatch/trunk mount bike rack and will probably go this route.
Any contact info for the hitch would be greatly appreciated!

·
Registered
100 Posts
I clicked on this thread expecting to see you try to tow some 20ft boat with this car! lol

Nice rack setup, im sure others are interested in trying the same

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Looks very nice... Im leary abouy my hatch/trunk mount bike rack and will probably go this route.
Any contact info for the hitch would be greatly appreciated!
Yeah, I did a hatch-mounted bike rack once in my entire life and the weight of the bike put a small divot in my Mini's bumper. Never again. Also, it'd be faster/easier to just put it inside the car at that point! Hitch-mounted is the way to go.

I got the hitch from juicedhybrid.com. It arrived the next day! If you're comfortable tinkering with mechanical items, you'll have no problem installing it yourself. I didn't even jack it up.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts