Lexus CT200h Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got my ct200h (wife calls it my x-mas gift, and to be honest I won't complain with that). Previously had a 2007 Civic Si, I loved my little six speed, but it was time to grow up and get a more "adult" car. I am so glad my wife enjoyed the test drive, cause our other option was the subaru crosstrek, which is a nice car but not nearly as fun as the ct200h.

·
Registered
383 Posts
Welcome to the forum!
that's a bit of a vehicle difference...Crosstrek or CT. We all know you made the correct decision :)
And just because you have a CT doen't mean you have to grow up. my wife says I'm just as childish as before... so I just stuck my tounge out at her...

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Good move, I did the same. I traded in my '07 Civic Si a couple years ago. I have 0 regrets. I kept getting too many tickets in the si anyway. Hard to beat the 45mpg.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App
We will have to talk. I feel like there is a bit of a learning curve, especially since i have to make a conscious effort that I don't use the parking bake as a clutch

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
107 Posts
Ha! That's funny. I still prefer a manual transmission, and the 07 civic si was a good one, even better than the 01 prelude I had before. I feel like I have more control with a manual, especially downshifting into turns and what not.

One of the features that sold me on the ct200h was the "break mode" Now, I can't drop into 2nd to pass people anymore, but I can still lay off the breaks and effectively downshift into turns with "break mode".

It took me a couple months to get used to the dynamics of the ct200h shifter, but I'm pretty good at it now. When coming into a turn put the car into break mode, and just before the apex put the car in nuetral for a split second, then drop it back into drive and smoothly push on the accelerator. This works better when in sport mode since the response is more sensitive.

Don't get me wrong, this still isn't the same dynamic of the si, but it will still save your break pads and help with gas mileage since you don't have to slow down as much on turns, and its a bit more fun to drive this way.

I had the HFP suspension on my si, so the ct200h leans more than my prior car, but not much. The stock suspension is still pretty tight as you can probably see now.

Have fun!

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yeah it is definitely an adjustment not having a manual transmission, I do miss the control, but sitting in traffic without having to constantly shift, is so amazing.

·
Premium Member
875 Posts
Yeah it is definitely an adjustment not having a manual transmission, I do miss the control, but sitting in traffic without having to constantly shift, is so amazing.
Alas, I was unable to make the adjustment.:p

1 - 7 of 7 Posts