Lexus CT200h Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just saw the red mica up close in person and it is a sweet color. I own a Day Break Yellow and have 8000 miles on it. My original order was a Red mica but after the Tsunami hit I took the first available. My dealer wants to give me $28,000 for the Day Break Yellow and charge me $34,800 for the new Red one. I paid 39,000 for the Day Break Yellow four months ago. Depreciation etc is well understood but why would a dealer charge you for the extra features like invisible bra etc. but not take that into the price during a trade in?

I have not gotten use to the DayBreak Yellow color but what the heck should I keep it? Are they any nice custom features out there to make this color more attractive? I don't have to worry about my son driving it since he doesn't like the color. Any ieas?

·
Registered
76 Posts
$11K of depreciation in 4 months is tough. We consumers don't often get the best deal when it comes to trading in. If you have your heart set on the red one, you may want to sell it privately. I am sure you can get more than $28K -- especially for a $39K car.

Tim

·
Registered
180 Posts
I just saw the red mica up close in person and it is a sweet color. I own a Day Break Yellow and have 8000 miles on it. My original order was a Red mica but after the Tsunami hit I took the first available. My dealer wants to give me $28,000 for the Day Break Yellow and charge me $34,800 for the new Red one. I paid 39,000 for the Day Break Yellow four months ago. Depreciation etc is well understood but why would a dealer charge you for the extra features like invisible bra etc. but not take that into the price during a trade in?

I have not gotten use to the DayBreak Yellow color but what the heck should I keep it? Are they any nice custom features out there to make this color more attractive? I don't have to worry about my son driving it since he doesn't like the color. Any ieas?
I've found out the hard way that extra features have NO bearing on the value of a used car! Get the extras because you want them, because they don't matter otherwise. If you sell it privately, I bet you can get close to the amount you spent, but better do it quickly. Supply is getting better day by day.

I'm sorry that Daybreak Yellow hasn't grown on you. I'm liking mine more and more each day. I've found, however, that it's a 50/50 split; a love/hate kind'a color! :)

·
Registered
180 Posts
No, I didn't, I'm not sure that any added features could change your mind. Unfortunately, for you, I didn't dislike the color initially. I just wasn't sure that I could "pull it off"! It grew on me, but I know of only one other person who warmed to it over time. With everyone else, it"s "Love it!" or "What color is that? Monkey s**t yellow?" (An ACTUAL comment I got!) :eek:

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I like that referal to Monkey S color. Pretty funny! I had the windows tinted to 50/50. I was planning on getting different wheels maybe a gunmetal color instead of the ones that is currently on the vehicle. I was also planning on getting the shark antenna for this vehicle. Maybe the desire for the red will wear off if I start seeing lots of red ones around.

·
Registered
391 Posts

$11,000 loss on the Yellow CT and then a $3000 deprecation loss out the door on the Red.. Plus will be paying sales Tax again on the Red.. So.. maybe $16000 down because of a color???

DO NOT DO IT...

Unless you are very rich of course.. then why not. I want to be very rich, so.. I wouldn't do it.. ;)

·
Registered
296 Posts
i would say, try to sell it privatly but then after that you might not be able to grab a red one straight away!

·
Registered
180 Posts
I like that referal to Monkey S color. Pretty funny! I had the windows tinted to 50/50. I was planning on getting different wheels maybe a gunmetal color instead of the ones that is currently on the vehicle. I was also planning on getting the shark antenna for this vehicle. Maybe the desire for the red will wear off if I start seeing lots of red ones around.
That is definitely part of it with me! Daybreak Yellow is the lowest % color out there. I originally wanted Starfire Pearl. I'm so glad I didn't get it, now that I know that it's the MOST popular color! How "cookie cutter"! I like having an even more "unique" CT! :D

·
Registered
245 Posts
A salesperson once steered me away from a blue RX because of low resale value. Maybe that's what the daybreak yellow is doing to you. Sad but even you don't want it anymore.

I liked the comment which said why not repaint the car? Much more logical.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts