Lexus CT200h Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi. Anyone replace their TPMS yet using Dorman parts? I need to replace one of mine, but I'm confused on what to use, and here is why:

Dorman 974-033: Online Auto Parts stores and my local auto shop says this part FITS, but the Dorman website itself says it DOES NOT FIT

Dorman 974-042: Online Auto Parts stores say this part DOES NOT FIT, but Dorman website says FITS

I was hoping someone can confirm at least one of these parts, so I can go ahead and buy which ever part. Thanks.

·
Registered
50 Posts
When one of the TPMS transmitters on my CT failed it was replaced by a dealership under warranty. Is there a reason you have to get the part from Dorman?

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
When one of the TPMS transmitters on my CT failed it was replaced by a dealership under warranty. Is there a reason you have to get the part from Dorman?
My CT's out of warranty and it's not a defect... I broke it.

Anyway, had to get this fixed so I went with the 974-300 as the shop recommended, and it worked out. What puzzles me, though, is how this part costs almost $100 a piece at an auto parts store vs. online at $30 a piece.

·
Registered
23 Posts
My CT's out of warranty and it's not a defect... I broke it.

Anyway, had to get this fixed so I went with the 974-300 as the shop recommended, and it worked out. What puzzles me, though, is how this part costs almost $100 a piece at an auto parts store vs. online at $30 a piece.
Where did you find them? I'm trying to locate some for my winter package.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts