Lexus CT200h Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Can someone tell me when the TPMS warning is on, is it simply a warning light on the dashboard? Or is there any beeping that goes with it too? I want to install a new set of winter tires/wheels without TPMS. I can handle the light being on for 3-4 months, but not beeping. Thanks.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I had the TPMS light on for 4 winters on my Infiniti EX35. I cut a circle out of black electrical tape and positioned it over the yellow light on the clear cover. Worked wonderfully and was essentially invisible. I have just ordered a set of winter wheels for the CT and will have TPMS installed this time (price for the sensors is a lot lower than 4 yrs ago).

·
Registered
121 Posts
I just got my winter wheels and tires and did not get tpms. The tpms light will blink a few times then just stay light - no beeping. I think there is a post on this (I know there is one where a member made a pressurized chamber to keep his tpms sensors in so the light wouldn't go on) but I got the winters put on friday evening and my tpms light didn't come on until Monday on the way to work! I did about 5 short trips. I think it the light didn't come on until I drove 100km's (60 miles). I have the stock wheels with the tpms sensors in the garage so essentially next to the car and every time I leave now (now that the light finally came on) the light is out and it doensn't turn on for about 5 kms (3 miles). I don't hink I heard anyone post about that before?
Oh and to brokentiller - the cost of 4 more tpms sensors is not that expensive but I think you have to take the car to the dealer to get them to register the new sensors with the car! Apparently the CT is the only Lexus that can't store more than one tpms code. There was a post that someone had their tire guy program the tpms sensors to match the CTs so that would save the 100$ or whatever the dealer is charging to reprogram.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Bumping an old post. Just wondering if the TPMS warning is still an idiot light only for later model CTs (we have a 2015). I need to order a second set of winter wheels and don't think we'll bother with all the cost/hassle of programming another set of TPMS in the winter wheels. Think I may just go with the black-tape-over-idiot-light route.

Thanks

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.