Lexus CT200h Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Starting to have a few issues with the Hybrid battery and mileage is starting to get up there. Wondering if anybody has seen an engine swap that is not a factory or generational upgrade. Either using a newer ES engine/hybrid system or gutting the hybrid system for something else with a good bit more power. I know enough money and time anything can be done, just looking to see if anyone has seen it done and any details they could share.
Thank you in advance.

· Super Moderator
2016 Blue Lexus CT200h F-Sport
455 Posts
You'd also have to redo the brake system if you got rid of the electric motor half of the system and went with straight up engine power. I haven't seen anything done.

· Registered
14 Posts
To be honest I haven't seen anything like that and now I'm curious. It can be good for the car's life if you're already having issues, have you checked the costs? since replacing it for something more complex can take some long hours... But as you said, with money... it's totally possible!

· Registered
1 Posts
This car would be really cool if you just pull the guts and buy a Mz3 drivetrain in . The Mazdaspeed 2.3 MZR would be a legend. I can’t imagine a big block 4 going in. K series or even a 2.5 Camry would be relatively easy swap I’d think. It would save roughly 100 lbs of weight to get rid

1 - 6 of 6 Posts