Lexus CT200h Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys!

I'm new to the whole forum thing so bear with me if I commit some sort of faux pas!
Has anyone been using their CT to tow anything? I am debating the pros and cons of roof rack vs. trailer for transporting my kayak. Does anyone have experience with either on their CT?

·
Registered
9 Posts
I assume the CT will be the same as my current Prius i.e. towing is not permitted. If this is the case I don`t suppose anybody has a tow hitch kit, and if you used one it would probably invalidate the warranty. It is annoying as I would like to be able to tow a small bike trailer with my dirt bike which I know it could handle without any bother.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'm worried about voiding the warrantee as well. However my husband has had many cars that he has towed with and has never had a problem. I'm more worried about damaging the braking system. Do you think that's possible with a light trailer?

·
Registered
180 Posts
I wouldn't worry about it.

Towed with my Yaris too, and that also was specifically not recommended in the manual:

Practice common sense. If you do break something, then it should be your fault and responsibility to fix. What's the warranty got to do with it?

Having stated all that, I just installed a Curt hitch on the CT200h for my bike rack only (did not install lighting kit). Waiting for my riding partner to get out of summer vacation mode so I can go riding.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.