Lexus CT200h Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I scratched the side of my front bumper when I parallel parked on the street last week (real smart I know). Wanted to get your suggestions on where to buy the touch-up paint. I have a 2011 CT200h in matador red mica. It looks like people have suggested Sewell Lexus to buy parts and accessories online. But when I checked it out, the shipping was more expensive than the paint itself... Does anyone know of any other trusted websites for touch-up paint? Or should I just get it from the dealer if they have it in stock? Thanks! :)

·
Premium Member
1,101 Posts
I picked up a Dr. Colorchip kit for this car, as my last car I used the dealership paint w/ the brush and it just doesn't come out that great. So far, I've had to touch up a few minor blemishes (from rock chips) and it works very well.

·
Registered
441 Posts
I discovered recently that if you can get some sort of introduction, high volume big dealerships may have a real expert touch-up guy. Not every brand new car arrives without a blemish and this is the guy who invisibly fixes them. He has to be good - a new owner mustn't be able to spot a thing. If you can ask your Lexus dealer or anyone else you know where you can find one of these detailers, they can fix a blemish perfectly for much less than a panel beater or other pro. In my case, the Lexus dealer referred to me to our local super-sized Toyota dealer.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts