Lexus CT200h Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Already have a sizable paint chip when my passenger opened the door scraping the sidewalk. The doors are so low it's easy to do.
Went to the Lexus dealer today to buy a bottle of Fire Agate Pearl touch up paint. Turns out it's a new color, and it's not in stock - in fact you can't even order the touch up paint yet since there is no part number in the system yet. The dealer here is going to look into it; marvelous. Fortunately, the primer is still left on the door so the chip shouldn't rust while Lexus gets its act together to supply the paint.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
darkride, thanks for the link. Got a message from the dealer today that Lexus-branded and supplied touch up paint will not be available for 2-3 months. They suggested in the meantime to go to a body shop to have the paint mixed according to the code 4V3. Looks like your link is a generic paint supplier that sells small amounts which looks like a better bet that having a local shop mix up a larger quantity.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
No moulding I have ever seen would have protected the paint in my case. The very bottom edge of the door was scraped across the surface of a sidewalk when opening the door, and the paint on the bottom edge got mangled and a chip flaked off going up 1/8" on the side where you can see it. I had 3M Scotchgard paint protection film installed on a previous car and the installer ran strips along the door edges. If protective film was put on the bottom of the door, it might have helped in this case, but I don't think installers routinely put the film put on the bottom edge of the door.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.