Lexus CT200h Forums banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Some guy ran a red light and I was not able to stop in time and crashed into him. Everything happend so quick that it was not avoidable. I was probably driving about 30mph in a local street. I am really bummed about this and this is probably the first totalled CT200H in New York City or even USA. :(

The good news is that I was not injured, all the safety features from the CT200H was amazing. Especially Lexus Enform. As soon as the air bags deployed an operator came on to had emergency service arrive real shortly.

Also, I was lucky to have a witness that saw the whole accident, 100% not my fault and the insurance company should settle by tomorrow.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Man that sucks!!! Yes, this is number 2 on the forum...
I hope everything gets resolved. I hope you end up with another CT...

·
Registered
17 Posts
I am sorry for your automotive loss but super glad that the safety features kept you form serious bodily harm!!! i hope that you will try again if you have the patience to wait for another.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I feel your pain

Sorry, glad to hear you are ok.

I had the other accident...min was from both front and back, but your's definitely looks worse.

I wish mine was bad enough to get totalled.... :(

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Sorry, glad to hear you are ok.

I had the other accident...min was from both front and back, but your's definitely looks worse.

I wish mine was bad enough to get totalled.... :(
I hope your accident will turn out good in your favor. Hopefully your car suffer from minor accidents that should be easy to fix. My car has frame damage and air bags deployed so it's not safe to drive anymore.

I miss driving the CT200, now i'm suffering with the high gas prices.

·
Registered
56 Posts
OMG.. Sorry to hear that. Glad that no one got hurt.
Are you getting another CT back?

·
Registered
109 Posts
Ouch! That looks really bad! Good thing you are okay.

·
Registered
14 Posts
CT's can always be replaced! Nothing more precious than your health... Im glad you are doing well and no one else was hurt...Miracles still happen. Just pray that your new CT will be processed quickly!

·
Premium Member
957 Posts
I'm glad you survived that car accident. I nearly got into the EXACT same accident as you, someone turned right in front of me, and fortunately, I barely braked in time, but avoided slamming into the person.

There is something to be said about Lexus safety. I survived a double rollover in my old 2007 Lexus RX 350 and the roof didn't cave in and all the safety features that were advertised worked. We climbed out of the wreckage and the paramedics were freaking out because they couldn't find us inside the car and thought we had been ejected.

Was there any intrusion into the passenger or driver side spaces? How did you get out? Did the doors unlock after the impact and were you able to open the doors to get out safely?

·
Registered
115 Posts
what's amazing is that the interior looks untouched...the chassis really absorbed the impact well (and airbags deployed properly!)....makes me feel a bit safer. thank God you are okay!

·
Registered
410 Posts
DANG!! I'm so glad you weren't hurt. That is awful!!!

·
Registered
200 Posts
Looks terrible. Glad you walked away without injury. Driving defensively doesn't always work. Hate to see the babies crunched up.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
The good news is that I got a new car!

I am still working this case with my insurance and it should be finalized by this week. However, I know how limited this car is and lucky me, my dealer had one in stock. Now I own a black CT200h with white interior. I like the color combination on this and the light interior looks real nice!

It's like a complete opposite, I went from a white/black to black/white car. I couldn't stand paying so much money filling up my RX350 every several day. It's good to be back into a CT200H

·
Registered
283 Posts
Boy that was lucky that the dealer had one not spoken for.... congratulations on the new ride and not having to wait.

Hopefully you'll get everything straight with the insurance company and you'll drive accident free for many years.

·
Premium Member
85 Posts
glad you're okay! Get some pics of the new car!

1 - 20 of 30 Posts