Lexus CT200h Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
My car was officially totaled at 230pm on the 15th of OCT. There is nothing left but my frame and some metal pieces inside the car. Please be warned that everything is real. Pictures are not photoshoped or anything. This was the most traumatic event that I have ever experience. I just wanted to warn my fellow ct fans to be careful while you drive out there!

During:

After:

please let me know, if anyone had such a tramtic accident or anything similar. Im still trying to get over the fact, I acctually got out of the car ryte after the whole thing went up in flames.

·
Registered
8 Posts
What kind of accident? The rear end looks fine before the fire got it. Obviously, it looks like gasoline fed the fire but the rear end didn't have any impact damage. Do you have any guesses as to what caused the fire?
Thanks,
Sam

·
Registered
180 Posts
ecoCT posted earlier today about brake problems with her car and asked if anyone else has had similar problems. My guess, it had something to do with the brake system! :eek:

Maybe she had a brake fluid leak that made contact with something hot. Is brake fluid flammable? :confused:

·
Registered
371 Posts
Yikes! That's terrible. Glad you're OK.

·
Registered
200 Posts
woah....glad you are OKAY..

when you have a chance, please explain what happened!!??!?!?!

·
Registered
410 Posts
Wow... I just fainted.

·
Registered
180 Posts
Yes, brake fluid is flammable.

I can't tell from the pics, did the fire come from the engine bay or elsewhere???
As far as I can tell (from the 1st photo) the flames are only coming from the passenger compartment. The ground under the middle and rear is also on fire (something spilled? and burning. Fuel? Brake fluid? Other fluid?) The front of the car appears to be uninvolved and the ground under the engine is not burning.

Also, the ground fire looks to be concentrated around the rear driver's side wheel to some degree!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Keep in mind, the person that made the original post just said his vehicle was a total - not that it was a total as result of a wreck. For someone to post something like this with no more explanation than what was originally posted - something seems "not right." Most postings would have said here is my pics based on a wreck I was just involved in, or I was driving along and all of a sudden smelled a gas or fluid leak and started seeing flames, etc. Or a posting would say, hey this just happened to me, here is what happened, not sure why - wanted to give circumstances prior to incident so everyone can be cautious until cause is determined, etc. Again, I take this as "something not right" until more details and factual information is provided.

·
Registered
71 Posts
I'm glad everyone is OK (at least it sounds that way).

If there is the possibility of any liability issues, this might not be the best place to post details until an attorney is consulted. It would be unfortunate if someone later tried to use such posts against ecoCT.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 · (Edited)
I haven't said much because I'm getting legal representation. I only wanted to warn people to be careful. There nothing fishy about my accident, whats fishy is why did my car caught on fire that easily? If I did not get out when I got out, I would've been burnt along w the car.

if you want, i can remove all my pic so it seems less fishy?
btw stop calling me a dood; im a girl who looks at forums too(;

·
Registered
71 Posts
Depending on the circumstances, you may want to talk to an attorney. Defeninetly file a claim with your insurance carrier.

What's the thing on the roof that looks like a cross between a UAV and Alien?

·
Registered
245 Posts
does anyone know what to do next? do i file a claim with lexus finance? @@
A claim??? How about your insurance...unless you are planning a lawsuit against Lexus and it would not be against Lexus financial. You are sketchy on the details here.

For example, did your breaks just fail? Any advance sign of a problem?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Your posting still makes me a little suspicious. Your asking us to be careful on "out there" with nothing to go on. Second, I looked back on all the posting and did not find anyone calling you a "dood." Even my posting was respectful and said "person" with no reflection to male or female. No one here trying to be disrespectful and all are glad you are O.K. from what is being posted. Most of us just wonder what it is we are to be careful about.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
its the hatch door that the firemen were trying to pop open for the longest time.
does anyone know if I should file a claim with lexus, so i dnt need to pay for the next mth payment or will the insurance do it?

·
Registered
32 Posts
My car was officially totaled at 230pm on the 15th of November. There is nothing left but my frame and some metal pieces inside the car. Please be warned that everything is real. Pictures are not photoshoped or anything. This was the most traumatic event that I have ever experience. I just wanted to warn my fellow ct fans to be careful while you drive out there!

please let me know, if anyone had such a tramtic accident or anything similar. Im still trying to get over the fact, I acctually got out of the car ryte after the whole thing went up in flames.
15th of November??!! It's not even November yet!! WTH!

1 - 20 of 37 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.