Lexus CT200h Forums banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
I hear you, I'm feeling the same, and I've only had it for 3 months. I came from a Miata, so that thing was way lower and smaller. But it was much faster, and I was usually going much faster on open roads. But for both cars, I leave 3 car length during bumper to bumper traffic. Impatient people are impatient, and will tailgate for no good reason other than lack of self-control. So there's no difference between the two in slow traffic.

I think part of the problem is that this car is incredibly slow. What other car's normal acceleration is equivalent to this' car's full power. So while you feel like you're accelerating off of a stop light at normal speed, you're really accelerating slower than normal traffic. I definitely felt it when I switch back to the Miata. A slight tap on the gas and I'm 35mph already, where it would've taken 8 seconds in the CT. A more direct comparison would be; in the Miata, I would usually leave the car behind in dust, and wonder why people accelerate so damn slow, when I barely accelerated; in the CT, I feel like I have to go full power every time because I don't want to hold up traffic behind me, because they're right up against me.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.