Lexus CT200h Forums banner

1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys. I just picked up a 2011 CT200h to replace my daily. I'm looking for the Toms kit, or a rep. I was told VIS makes it. Anyone recommend a vendor of some sort? Preferably would want just the rep since I wouldn't want to put $3k into a lip kit that I'd rock through the winter.

Thanks!

·
Registered
216 Posts
hello,

i have the full authentic TOMS aero kit for the car, i got mine through vividracing.com. the sales rep i worked there however, is no longer there. i use it through all the seasons.

·
Registered
33 Posts
I took a gamble earlier this week and picked one up on eBay for 100.00

I got the lip in the mail today(shipped and to my door in 3 days). Did a Dry fit and I'm extremely happy with the quality of the lip. I was expecting a wavy POS that had no chance in hell fitting but ended up with something that fits pretty well (aside from a few areas) and is a great bang for the buck for 100.00

It was really late at night when I did the dry fitment so these are the only photos that I have for now.

Attachments

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
That actually looks pretty nice.

I'm actually looking into the VIS Full kit. Does anyone have any information on that? It's about $900 plus paint but I've heard VIS fitment to be really good.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I took a gamble earlier this week and picked one up on eBay for 100.00

I got the lip in the mail today(shipped and to my door in 3 days). Did a Dry fit and I'm extremely happy with the quality of the lip. I was expecting a wavy POS that had no chance in hell fitting but ended up with something that fits pretty well (aside from a few areas) and is a great bang for the buck for 100.00

It was really late at night when I did the dry fitment so these are the only photos that I have for now.
Do you have the link to where you purchased this one? I think I'm going to order it. Fitment looks great.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Was purchased from this vendor.

11 12 T Style PP Polypropylene Front Bumper Lip Spoiler Bodykit for Lexus CT200H | eBay

If you want to wait a week or so, im hoping to get some paint on mine sometime this weekend. I'll take some better photos once its painted and mounted.
Yeah definitely post pics when you can. Did you ever purchase the rear? I noticed that seller also sells the rear kit. I might be interested in getting that and the front considering you said fitment was good.

·
Registered
33 Posts
I didn't purchase the front, but moving forward I might in the near future.

Was purchased from this vendor.

11 12 T Style PP Polypropylene Front Bumper Lip Spoiler Bodykit for Lexus CT200H | eBay

If you want to wait a week or so, im hoping to get some paint on mine sometime this weekend. I'll take some better photos once its painted and mounted.
Yeah definitely post pics when you can. Did you ever purchase the rear? I noticed that seller also sells the rear kit. I might be interested in getting that and the front considering you said fitment was good.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Just following up with everyone, I just got my lip back from paint and installed it. It has near perfect fitment and with the lip gasket there aren't any gaps what so ever. I'll be taking detailed photos either tomorrow or this weekend!

·
Registered
33 Posts
How much did it cost to get painted? Did the body shop have to do any trimming?

I Had to sand down one edge by the inner grill, that's about it.
Paint was 175 including installation

So mobile upload has crappy compression so here's Imgur link.

Replica toms lip with oem Toyota lip gasket.

Itsumos Ct200h - Album on Imgur
That looks great. What wheels and suspension are you running?
Avant garde m510, powder coated anthracite, lowered on Fsport Blues

·
Registered
24 Posts
That looks mighty sexy. Thanks @itsumo for all the tips.

Debating which weather seal I should pick up (black or grey) since I have Nebula Grey.

btw, how's it attached? screws on the bottom? ends? just tape?

·
Registered
33 Posts
That looks mighty sexy. Thanks @itsumo for all the tips.

Debating which weather seal I should pick up (black or grey) since I have Nebula Grey.

btw, how's it attached? screws on the bottom? ends? just tape?
Lip has brackets that attact to the factory points under the lip, for the wheel I believe self tapping screws were used.

As for the colors gasket, imo, black would better suit a darker car :)

·
Registered
24 Posts
Just got mine today; did a test fit, overall it fits pretty well.
The area that's a bit off is near the fog lights. It seems to be touching the fog lamp cover trim. Is it suppose to stop short of it or go under the trim?

@itsumo, if you have any close up pics of that area that'd be great.

I'll be sanding down some areas before it goes to paint.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Just got mine today; did a test fit, overall it fits pretty well.
The area that's a bit off is near the fog lights. It seems to be touching the fog lamp cover trim. Is it suppose to stop short of it or go under the trim?

@itsumo, if you have any close up pics of that area that'd be great.

I'll be sanding down some areas before it goes to paint.
I'll try to get some photos tomorrow, but mine doesn't touch the fog light trim. I had rubbing issues by the grill where i had to sand down.

How much did the painting cost you for the lip itsumo?
175.00 painted with rocker schutz under the base from what I understand.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Yeah the trimming is a bit off near the grill. I ended up sanding down almost all the edges so that its evenly flush all around. Still a bit of sanding but so far I'm pretty happy. I'm not sure how much the rubber trim is going to hide so I'm being a little bit overly cautious with edges.

Here's how it looks like so far.

Attachments

1 - 20 of 50 Posts