Lexus CT200h Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Premium Member
1,101 Posts
$1,400 to fix that!? Jeez, that's crazy. My wife's car has been hit-n-run before in a parking lot and we paid the $500 deductible too to get it fixed. I could never live with a blemish like that, especially if it's a new car.

· Premium Member
1,101 Posts
Another reason I like black cars...try matching that red or even worse, try matching that yellow color...it may look good when first fixed but question is how will it hold up down the line in a couple of years
I'm not really following why people are saying there could be fading issues down the road. If the repair shop paints the car with the paint code provided on the car, isn't the paint the same? Or is it a cheaper quality paint than used in Japan?

I do understand that if a car is several years old and that paint on the car fades over time due to the elements and sun, and then painting an area of the car then needs the paint faded in to match, but just not following if this car is new, why would there be fading issues later? :confused:

I don't think I could ever own a black car for 2 reasons. 1) I'll spend more time and $ cleaning it as I hate driving a dirty car and 2) the infamous swirl marks that develop on the paint over time

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.