Lexus CT200h Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My dealer tells me that it is time to replace the original tires on my CT at 45,000 miles. My choice has come down to OEM Michelin Primacy MXm4 or Pirelli Cinturato P7. The Pirelli's are about $150 cheaper but the Tire Rack reviews look pretty good (including snow traction) . Anyone have any experience with the Pirelli's?

·
Registered
842 Posts
I thought they looked really good too. I went with the Michelins but frankly, I wish I had tried the Pirelli's. Not that I am dissatisfied with the OEM, but I should have been adventurous.

Go for it!

·
Registered
195 Posts
I just got this set of Michelin Pilot Sport A/S 3 v-rated a $114 each at Discounted wheel warehouse at Fullerton. Costco listed for $144. They looks a lot more aggressive than the OEM Primacy MXM4.

·
Registered
165 Posts
On my 2004 corolla I have used Cooper Futura tires and Michelin MXV4 tires.
If felt no different between the traction in wet conditions with the futura or michelin tires. I have been in some hard stops with both. In the end when I had to change tires again I went back to the futura tires as they are half the price as the Michelin's and last 15,000 more miles.
For the CT I wont be even considering a michelin tire unless they are on sale for less than something like the cooper futura tire.

If the MXV4s are similar to the MXM4s then you should just save money with a cheaper tire from cooper.
The cooper futura tires are even made in the US. You can look up the tire manufacture codes on the tires you want to buy to see if it is made in the US.
MANUFACTURERS' INFORMATION DATABASE (MID) | National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA)
All the D.O.T. Tire Plant Codes
How to Read A Tire Sidewall | Auto care Tips | DOT Serial Number | Tire Sidewall

As for the Pirelli, I never used that brand, but if they are cheaper and have good reviews then I would go with them. I think michelin's are overpriced for no good reason.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Hankook Ventus S1 Noble 2. Put 4 on my CT a few months ago. Top rated all season high performance tire at Tire Rack. Even Consumer Reports liked them. I like them. Quick steering, quiet, good grip dry or wet. They may still offer the $60 rebate.

·
Registered
990 Posts
If you haven't looked at Nitto Motivo's you may want to. 60,000 mile tread wear warranty and decently priced. I've put 25,000 miles on them already and they are worlds ahead of the stock Michelins. I went a size wider on stock wheels and have no suffered any drop in mpg.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Banned
325 Posts
Nice to know about these tire and with a warranty of 60,000 miles. Its of good material. I want to buy these tires and put it into my car. Can you please tell me how much to pay for these wheels?

·
Registered
16 Posts
I just got this set of Michelin Pilot Sport A/S 3 v-rated a $114 each at Discounted wheel warehouse at Fullerton. Costco listed for $144. They looks a lot more aggressive than the OEM Primacy MXM4.
Hello yardbird88,
would you mind share your user experience about [Michelin Pilot Sport A/S 3] with us?
I am also looking for new set of tires and my local Costco has those in stock.
I would like to know these infor if you could and willing:

1. I assumed those are not LRR tires. Have you notice any decrease in gas mileage? If you do, how much?
  2. How those tires perform in snowy day? Do you still experience skip/slid like the stock Primacy MXM4?

Thanks so much for sharing.

·
Premium Member
379 Posts
I'm curious about the Pirelli P7. The surveys on TireRack are awesome. I know they're billed as LRR, wondering what the real world experience is.
Performance and quiet are my top two for picking, MPG comes in 3rd.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts