Lexus CT200h Forums banner

Tire info...

Tags
info tire
6K views 14 replies 6 participants last post by  Alexbait 
#1 · (Edited)
Switched my "3 season" 215/45/17 stock Michelin Primacy's over to 205/55/16 Michelin X-ice 3's on steel rims. No problem with fit and function on the dry run (no ice/snow, yet). If I didn't know better I wouldn't be able to tell if they were snow tires or not based on the overall ride. In fact, although I didn't measure the decibels, the X-Ice 3's seemed even be a bit quieter. No sidewall squish that usually comes with most snow tires (added a few extra PSI's to help with that), and straight as an arrow on the highway. So far, very impressive...more to follow when the snow arrives.

#3 · (Edited)
I did not put TPMS's in the snows. Didn't want to break down the Primacy's with only 6,000 miles on the factory alloys, and IMO...not worth spending $300 to put new ones on the snows. I'm more of a traditionalist, I check my tires often with an old fashioned tire gauge. In addition, I've had (3) bad experiences with TPMS's...a false positive reading from a malfunctioning one, another sensor disengaged somehow creating a balance problem that was solved only after spending $$ when I finally found the cause of the imbalance, and had a big hassle to replace (2) broken ones when the tire shop butchered them changing tires.

#7 · (Edited)
#11 · (Edited)
No, I was told that the center ring is not needed for the steel rims...only for the alloys. The alloys load focal point is mostly based upon the center hub/ring, whereas, the steels are based on each individual lug, thus the need for the conical lug nuts. Must be true because I've been driving without the rings for over a week and the ride is as smooth, if not smoother, than the factory tires/wheels with the center rings.

#10 ·
VIPER: Discount Direct sent me slightly different rims than the ones you bought. I was told that the UNIQUE 83-66518 rims would fit. The difference between these and the ones you bought was that mine had 5-100/115 41B and yours was 4 16X6.5 5-100/110 41B.

My mechanic is the person who tried to put the rims on the car. He said they fit the back but not the front.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.