Lexus CT200h Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone, the other day I went to Pepboys and bought the tint sheets because I wanted to tint my ct myself (just think of it as a hobby). Anyways, I did a pretty bad job because it was very hard to cut the windows precisely to fit. It didn't look horrible for my first try but now I'm thinking I want to buy precut ones to install myself. I found an ebay seller that does this and was wondering if anyone has experiences on how well the precut tints fit? I was also curious about the quality of the tint. Any feedback will be appreciated.

My friend told me that it can be done for really cheap like under $100 but I really wanted to do this myself ;)LEXUS CT200h 11-12 PRECUT WINDOW TINT SOLARSHIELD-X

·
Registered
3 Posts
my advice is you have an expensive car, not a beater, let the pro's do it so its done right

i installed tint in my previous two cars, and its never as good as the pros do it, especially on the curved rear gate window with the defroster stripes it is a pain.

on my last car the precut tint i ordered on ebay was a perfect fit though, if thats your only concern

·
Registered
94 Posts
my advice is you have an expensive car, not a beater, let the pro's do it so its done right
You will be seeing the mediocre (at best, probably horrible) tint job every second you drive the car! It is not the place to save a few hundred bucks. I'm a DIYer, but wouldn't do the tint....too much skill and experience required to do it right....similar to trying to fix your own teeth.

·
Registered
441 Posts
You will be seeing the mediocre (at best, probably horrible) tint job every second you drive the car! It is not the place to save a few hundred bucks. I'm a DIYer, but wouldn't do the tint....too much skill and experience required to do it right....similar to trying to fix your own teeth.
To fix teeth, take them out and adjust with pliers or multi-grips. To clean, take them out and leave them in a glass of cleaner.
Fixing tinted windows is way harder.

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
thanks for everyone's comment but after some research Ive decided against tinting at all.
turns out california is broke and people are getting pulled over left and right for 35% tints.
I dont want to spend $100 to get it done at a shop only to get pulled over to get a ticket. Not only would you have to take the tint off I believe it's like a $200 ticket? Not worth it. Ill just let the UV rays roast me

·
Registered
609 Posts
thanks for everyone's comment but after some research Ive decided against tinting at all.
turns out california is broke and people are getting pulled over left and right for 35% tints.
I dont want to spend $100 to get it done at a shop only to get pulled over to get a ticket. Not only would you have to take the tint off I believe it's like a $200 ticket? Not worth it. Ill just let the UV rays roast me
I have tinted windows on all my cars for the last 10 years and never once had I been pulled over because of tinted windows. And this is in Southern California. I think unless you put limo tint in the front windows, you are not going to get pull over just because of the windows. I got pulled over for a different ticket last month and I just rolled down both front windows when I talk to the officer.

From what I was told, you get a fix ticket for the front window tint if you are unlucky. Then you just have to remove them and get the ticket off.. and put them back on again. And you are not going to get roast by UV ray! Most newer cars windows block most of the UV. The tint really would help blocking more of the Heat and Light.

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
sorry for replying to an old thread. going on with what lostchild was saying, does that mean tinting our car isnt completely necessary? does lexus come with windows that block UV rays? ty

1 - 8 of 8 Posts