Lexus CT200h Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All

My first questions is this....does the CT200H come with a factory tint on the sunroof and rear-windows?

Are small micro bubbles normal in a dealer tint job? There are lots of them all over my car.

The rear window and sunroof has more "blotches" type marks. Hence why I was wondering if maybe they were factory tinted.

Any advice is really appreciated.

·
Registered
47 Posts
The sunroof glass is tinted dark. If there is any tint on the rear glass of my base model CT, then it's tinted as clear as the side windows and front windshield.

·
Registered
90 Posts
I doubt if you have factory tint. It is likely you have either port fitted or dealer fitted window tinting.

Factory tint is built in the glass and is done during the manufacturing of the glass using an inter-layer film. It is not applied outside.

After market window tinting, when done properly should not have any signs of bubbles. But there may be a few in the first few days and should disappear.

The rear windows on my CT are factory tinted and very dark, kind of "privacy glass." The front windows have slight tints.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks guys. I think I need my tints re-done then.

I have some blotching on the sunroof dark glass. I wonder then if it could be water spots.....

·
Registered
21 Posts
Don't go to dealer!! They are too expensive ...I paid 150 for all windows tinted...front also

Sent from my SPH-L900 using AutoGuide.Com Free App

1 - 5 of 5 Posts