Lexus CT200h Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Smoked the headlights..

Just finished tinting my headlights with a product called EuroLight. It's a solution and not a tint film... Came out looking better than any film would... no bubbles or edges. Check them out at www.myeurolight.com

It's a very slight smoke color so absolutely zero problems with law enforcement and all the light shines through unlike when using film..

Before:

After:

·
Registered
655 Posts
Um, why in the world would you want to tint your headlights? Most of us are looking for ways to get brighter headlights (replacement bulbs, HID kits, etc) not dimmer ones. LOL Is that even legal?

·
Registered
842 Posts
Looking cool is great but seeing in the dark seems more important in the overall scheme of things. Just my opinion.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Um, why in the world would you want to tint your headlights? Most of us are looking for ways to get brighter headlights (replacement bulbs, HID kits, etc) not dimmer ones. LOL Is that even legal?
Looking cool is great but seeing in the dark seems more important in the overall scheme of things. Just my opinion.
Yeah, you two make a great point. I would never consider applying those "headlight tint films" as they really do darken the light. But this coating doesn't reduce light output at all.. looks great. It's a very slight smoke.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Makes about as much sense as vehicles I've seen with smoked or tinted brake lenses. Why decrease the visibility of your vehicle to others in heavy fog as an example. The same applies to the DRL's. The whole point of them is that other driver's take notice of your location and say don't pull directly in front of you.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
29 Posts
Just as a side note as so many people seem to be interested in generating as much brightness as possible, has anyone installed led style lights hidden basically behind your radiator grill that you know of. I had a co-worker install two different sized off road style LEDs(very narrow design) on a raptor pick up. I know it's apples and oranges but I wonder if it would be feasible for those needing more light driving rural locations such as mine but are limited by the 4 forward facing lights law.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Makes about as much sense as vehicles I've seen with smoked or tinted brake lenses. Why decrease the visibility of your vehicle to others in heavy fog as an example. The same applies to the DRL's. The whole point of them is that other driver's take notice of your location and say don't pull directly in front of you.

That's the thing about this product EuroLight though... it doesn't decrease the brightness of my factory lexus LED headlams. It adds a nice slight smoke to the casing...while letting 100% of the light shine through. Check out their website, all the info is on there. Interesting stuff IMO.

·
Registered
655 Posts
That's the thing about this product EuroLight though... it doesn't decrease the brightness of my factory lexus LED headlams. It adds a nice slight smoke to the casing...while letting 100% of the light shine through. Check out their website, all the info is on there. Interesting stuff IMO.
I'll admit I didn't go to the website, so if it really does let 100% of the light through (by some polarization effect I assume) then I agree that is pretty neat, from an engineering standpoint that is.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Posted some updated pics guys without any masking tape!

·
Registered
32 Posts
Thanks for the info, I'm planning to tint my window and this is one of the nice touch up for the headlight, I want to try blue..

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thanks for the info, I'm planning to tint my window and this is one of the nice touch up for the headlight, I want to try blue..
If you try blue, make sure to post some pictures!

·
Registered
15 Posts
Those look really great. I'm impressed. Nice touch. Don't listen to all the people worried about decreased light output. Your drop in lumens is not significant with this (many car models doing this for years) and if you really want more light output, you can get up to 5x as much lumen output with LED's. I'd recommend going double and you've more than overcome any tint effects.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts