Lexus CT200h Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got my windows tinted last week 50% all around,
and I noticed a lot of bubbles like 2-3 bubbles per window on tint job,
excluding the ones around defroster lines and dot matrix area...
It was one of the good place that I saw on yelp too...:(

Anyway, I have re-tint scheduled for next week,
and wanted to see how other CTs windows got tinted over defroster lines and dot matrix area.
As you can see from my picture, there are bubble gap on defroster lines and dot matrix area...

Could you guys please post your tinted windows pics on defroster lines and dot matrix area?
It would really help me getting ideas on how it should be done.
Thank you!

photo-1.JPG photo.JPG

·
Registered
609 Posts
There shouldn't be any bubble at all after it is completely dry. Normally it takes 3 or 4 days for it to dry completely unless it is cloudy or raining then it takes longer. Mine has no bubble at all and it was only $125 job for the entire car.

·
Registered
28 Posts
There shouldn't be any bubble at all after it is completely dry. Normally it takes 3 or 4 days for it to dry completely unless it is cloudy or raining then it takes longer. Mine has no bubble at all and it was only $125 job for the entire car.
damn where did you get that done? I'm in socal too..

·
Registered
232 Posts
yup. you need to let it dry out. mine has zero air bubbles.

if you still have them after 3-4 days of drying, do visit them and have them replaced.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for the reply guys.

One more thing, how does your dot matrix area looks (that black dotted area on the edge)?
Is there absolutely no white bubble gap around those dots?

If someone has picture of that area tinted could you please post one?

Thank you!! :)

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hey guys
I'm at the tint place getting re-tint.
All windows had a few 'dust' like small white particles,
They are telling me it's 'normal'. And they can't do anything.
They are only re-doing the windows with bunch of them.
Leaving the ones with 2-3 dusts...
Is it normal?? The dusts look like small white bubbles..

This is a place with 5 stars on yelp. Am I being too picky?
I paid 300 for nano carbon suntek cxp. :/

·
Registered
105 Posts
I have the same problem and I've done mine by Lexus Luxembourg itself ! I don't know what to do. It seems like a cheap tuning thing. In Europe BMW and Mercedes selle their cars with a flawless all black rear glasses. It's unbelievable that Lexus accepts such approximations done by its garages...

·
Registered
609 Posts
In Europe BMW and Mercedes selle their cars with a flawless all black rear glasses. It's unbelievable that Lexus accepts such approximations done by its garages...
Not sure about Mercedes, but my wife's BMW has a factory package that has factory tinted rear window glass. The tint is in the glass not on a film outside the glass. It was done at the factory, not at the port or at the dealership. I don't think the CT has that option, at least in the US.

The guy who tinted my windows were working for dealership tinting the new cars they sell. The dealers would charges their customers about 3x what they paid him for the job. People are getting smarter on paying invoice prices on car, so dealers have to install options to mark up their prices. Things like aftermarket tint, bigger wheels, clear bra, etc.. are the money makers for them.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts