Lexus CT200h Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an appointment tomorrow to get the windows tinted on my new red CT (black leather interior).

There's this great shop in LA near 101x405 freeways: Sunshield Glass Tinting - Sunshield Glass Tinting - Sherman Oaks - Sherman Oaks, CA

They're quoting $225 to do all the windows with Madico Wincos, which sounds like a pretty good film -- better than regular metallic film, but not as great as high end ceramic (e.g. 3M Crystalline = almost $600!), and at a good price point. Anybody have experience with this film?

And any suggestions on %tints to go with? I was planning 20% all around and 30% on front windows, but the owner is suggesting just doing everything 30% all around, and now I'm leaning toward that to keep a consistent look. He also suggested 30% all around but just the rear hatchback window at 20%.

POST PICTURES OF YOUR TINTED CTs! Let's see how it looks. Say what brand and what % tints you used. What looks good/bad/ugly?

·
Registered
609 Posts
32% front and 22% everywhere else. I used the same guy who tinted my previous cars. The tint never fades or bubbles in the 4+ years I own the cars. Brand is Solar Guard HP Charcoal. I paid about $135.

Attachments

·
Registered
245 Posts
Search the forum on this. There are dozens of threads on window tint. Brand and % have been discussed. Quite a few pictures have been posted as well so you can get an idea how it will look on your color car. I always have the dealer do this for me. I wonder what brand the dealerships use and how the quality stacks up with the ones you mentioned. I've never had a problem with mine but I see I've definitely overpaid.

·
Registered
609 Posts
I think it is good to have lighter tint in front for California. I have seen some of the cars with 20% front tint at the tint shop when I tint my car. The first question I asked the owner is have you ever got caught with that? I maybe kidding myself, but with 32% tint in front, I maybe able to pass it off as factory tint... but I am still going to roll down both of my front windows if I ever get pulled over!

If I don't have to worry about the law, I would definitely go all 20%.

·
Registered
31 Posts
I think mine was in the neighborhood of 30% front, 15% rears. Done a dealership, negotiated to the price of FREE.

Attachments

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
OP before/after photos

I went with Madico Wincos 30 all around. Pretty happy with the results:

before.jpg (before) => (after) after.jpg

Both photos ~4pm on consecutive days.
The bright reflections in these photos may exaggerate the darkness of the tint a touch.

Also after:
after2.jpg

1 - 11 of 11 Posts