Lexus CT200h Forums banner
21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,101 Posts

·
Registered
245 Posts
My concern, and I guess we aren't going to get any more details, is the extent of the fire. Anybody wonder about all the "green" components? Bamboo, nuluxe, plant fibre, etc? Are these super flammable?

·
Premium Member
874 Posts
Cannot make assumptions when facts are not present

Which part do you think isn't true?
Not trying to drag out an argument, I'm simply worried that many folks live in fear of simply speaking their minds.
First, very little facts are known - (1) a CT200h had a fire, (2) burned, and (3) it appears to be totaled

Second, neither you, I, nor anyone else can make any other assumptions at this time.

Therefore, we cannot make any statements concerning liability. We cannot make any assumptions concerning what insurance will or will not pay for. We cannot assume or make any statements as to whether or not Lexus is involved and whether or not the insurance company will go after Lexus.

And the statement that is the most out-of-line and UNTRUE is where you said "Either way she isn't going to be on the hook for anything ..." We absolutely can not say that!. It has not been determined how much fault was hers if any. You are making a bold assumption that she was not at fault at all, which may be true, but we cannot assume that.

Actually we may not be at court here, but potentially she is or could be, and postings on a thread are discoverable, so it DOES MATTER what she writes or says in forums and other electronic and hardcopy means. But you are correct people can say "in my opinion I ........" and it is just that an opinion and in almost all cases has absolutely no repercussion; nothing is ever absolute!

·
Registered
842 Posts
If the owner had " comprehensive coverage " on her insurance policy the company will pay her. Whether or not they will subrogate Lexus is a completely different matter.
It is just not economically feasible to seek contribution from a car manufacturer unless there are a whole bunch of claims pending. Even insurance companies would have to find, hire and pay some experts willing to tie the loss to a manufacturing defect. That is a lot harder to do than the newspapers would have you believe.

Even the great Audi 5000 sudden acceleration cases that got incredible publicity (and cost me about half the value of my turbo, which I loved), never resulted in anything but a whole bunch of defense verdicts. No one (from what I had heard when I stopped paying attention) recovered a dime from Audi. For one car no one is going to take on someone that has thousands of engineers on staff.

21 - 26 of 26 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.