Lexus CT200h Forums banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wondering why the thread about the car fire was closed? I realize there was no guarantee that she would have posted more info bbut it would have been useful to know if she did. Just curious.

·
Registered
205 Posts
She had mods close it it would have been neat to what had happened . Nobody knows if she crashed car or if car caught fire on its own

·
Registered
200 Posts
because there is a potential lawsuit involved

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ok, but the thread is still there so everything except the photos still exists. If she was worried about saying too much then she simply wouldn't post there again, why keep everyone else form speaking about it?

I too hope she comes back with more info but it seems to me like a bit of a red flag with regards to who is managing the info in this forum.

·
Premium Member
875 Posts
Here is the deal. She PMed me and agreed with what I had said in the thread that she should wait until everything was settled and then post complete information about it.

She said she was not trying to cause panic or mislead anyone by not giving all the details, just to make them aware of a possible potential problem and it got out of hand.

I think she is sincere and will post after her issue is resolved,

·
Registered
270 Posts
Kinda glad the thread got locked to be honest, there were a few people jumping on someone who will be pretty shocked anyway right now and that's always sad to see.

It's pretty traumatic having an accident in a car, not just from the incident itself but also dealing with the aftermath of it. Having forum people jump on you and doubt your sincerity will be unnecessary body blows coming on top of the ongoing accident aftermath, especially as we'd seen the limit of what could be put in the public eye without prejudicing potential legal stuff. Help a person when they're down, don't kick them.

Hopefully if EcoCT's case does identify a safety issue, it will lead to a recall ... But we'll stand a better chance of seeing that recall if the legal case stands in good stead.

Hope she's ok.

·
Premium Member
875 Posts
Wait until Burned car issue is resolved

I think the question is what possible problem was she trying to make us aware of? A problem with the brakes on the car, a problem with spontaneous combustion, a problem with what.... did they ever say in the post? When you just say "I want to let you know about a problem" but then not say what the problem could be...it does cause a panic because no one knows what to be worried or look out for...
Moongoose,

I thought I was clear but apparently I was not! Let me try to clarify further.

After a tramatic incident the end result was ecoCT's car was burned and totaled. She had asked questions in a thread if anyone had had brake problems; this might or might not be a factor.

The cause of the fire and the totalling has not been determined and in order to not jeopardize her outcome ecoCT decided not to say any more until this burned car issue is resolved. Resolving could involve attorneys in addition to insurance company to determine what happened and how and why and what parties are liable.

She merely wanted to make people aware of the fire and resulting damage. She posted the day after it happened and was still in shock. But even then she realized she couldn't discuss everything until the burned car issue was resolved. She tried to drop the issue, but people like you kept trying to press her for more information which could jeopardize resolving the situation in her benefit if she presupposed causes and faults and guilty parties.

My comment was that she should wait until it is resolved to post and she PMed me back she agreed and that was what she was going to do.

·
Registered
34 Posts
I understand and agree that it is best to just let the topic drop at the moment. I don't think anyone should have made comments that she was being anything less than sincere and was only trying to explain why I thought things got out of hand. But to be honest I'm not pressing for more info - because I don't care to have anymore. Glad she is OK though, cars can be replaced cars cannot. Sorry if I gave the wrong impression with my post and forced you to assume to know the type of person I am

·
Premium Member
875 Posts
I understand and agree that it is best to just let the topic drop at the moment, but thanks for making assumptions about the type of person I am. :) I don't think anyone should have made comments that she was being anything less than sincere and was only trying to explain why I thought things got out of hand. But to be honest I'm not pressing for more info - because I don't care to have anymore. Glad she is OK though, cars can be replaced cars cannot. Sorry if I gave the wrong impression with my post.
Moongoose,

I apologize if I came across wrong/harsh too you; I wasn't trying to make assumptions Mea Culpa. Peace, my friend.

MidCow3

·
Registered
245 Posts
Agreed. The post is dead. But I am having some second thoughts on the car. I'm sure many others are as well.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Agreed. The post is dead. But I am having some second thoughts on the car. I'm sure many others are as well.

It does plant a seed of doubt, but since its the only incident I've heard of of its kind I'm not particularly worried.

I do think folks are getting a a little too "Law and Order" here. Unless she was doing something quite strange in the car I can't see how she would need to worry about liability. No one was injured and her insurance will pay her for the damage to the car and if the insurance company determines its a defect they'll go after Lexus. Either way she isn't going to be on the hook for anything and there's no reason to fear when speaking about what she thought might be the problem. We're not in court here, nobody's under oath. you're allowed to say whatever you want all you have to do is say its "your opinion that......"

·
Premium Member
875 Posts
It does plant a seed of doubt, but since its the only incident I've heard of of its kind I'm not particularly worried.

I do think folks are getting a a little too "Law and Order" here. Unless she was doing something quite strange in the car I can't see how she would need to worry about liability. No one was injured and her insurance will pay her for the damage to the car and if the insurance company determines its a defect they'll go after Lexus. Either way she isn't going to be on the hook for anything and there's no reason to fear when speaking about what she thought might be the problem. We're not in court here, nobody's under oath. you're allowed to say whatever you want all you have to do is say its "your opinion that......"
Actually ..NOT TRUE

·
Registered
200 Posts
there is no need to panic....there is no imminent danger with the CT...I have not seen or heard of any safety issues with the CT...

unfortunately the original poster was quick to blame the manufacturer for a likely DRIVER ERROR....

·
Registered
245 Posts
there is no need to panic....there is no imminent danger with the CT...I have not seen or heard of any safety issues with the CT...

unfortunately the original poster was quick to blame the manufacturer for a likely DRIVER ERROR....
I'm trying to imagine a driver error that would cause a seemingly unwrecked car to go up in flames like that...nothing comes to mind.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts