Lexus CT200h Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello i am new to the forum. My wife bought a used ct2ooh 2012, with 48k many years ago. we have done nothing but abuse this car.
Last year I started using the CT for my lengthy 120 mile round trip, 5 day a week commute.

Since I will be driving this till the wheels fall off I am interested in getting a JDM replacement engine for when the original dies. looking for information on reputable importers.

Battery replacement? my car is 10 years old. and most of my commute is freeway miles, but when I do get stuck in traffic it seems that the battery will not run very long in EV mode. My gut says that it is on its way out. What checks can be done for weekor bad cells, are there good rebuild kits?

loyal toyota owner.

·
Registered
4 Posts
One thing to keep in mind is battery technology and how much it has advanced in 10 years. If you do decide to replace the battery, consider an upgrade to Lithium as well. Currently, the CT is NiMh which is 1970's tech.

There is an app you can get and pay $8 for the full version to do a hybrid battery test. I think its called dr prius, or something.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts