Lexus CT200h Forums banner

Thinking of painting the brake calipers and the rims, what is a good color combo?

3K views 9 replies 5 participants last post by  kiwicupra 
#1 · (Edited)
Car Wheel Tire Vehicle Land vehicle

I was thinking of painting the calipers red and the rims black. I'm not trying to go too crazy, I just want something clean and visually appealing...

See less See more
#4 ·
On red exterior painted calipers look good in red, silver, black.

I'm going to be doing the F-sport color blue on mine since my exterior is white. I'd do the same burnt orange color as my rcf but since the calipers are so tiny I don't want to draw TOO much attention to them...lol

Your wheels are clean BTW.. I wouldn't paint them black. Unless it professionally done it's not going to look great. I think black wheels are too over played anymore. It makes the wheel gap look huge since your eye isn't broken with anything and you see black wheel/black tire...etc. I love those wheels honestly. As it sits now it's extremely clean and good looking. It's visually very appealing.

-Nigel

#5 ·
Your wheels are clean BTW.. I wouldn't paint them black. Unless it professionally done it's not going to look great. I think black wheels are too over played anymore. It makes the wheel gap look huge since your eye isn't broken with anything and you see black wheel/black tire...etc. I love those wheels honestly. As it sits now it's extremely clean and good looking. It's visually very appealing.
this, 100%. Your car looks so clean and nice already how it is! paint the wheels black and it might look cheap and ghetto. Red painted calipers will also look bad because they'll just get dirty and be a mess. No real reason to attract attention to such stock and unimpressive parts anyway. But, that's just my opinion speaking. In general though, red and black go very well together, so if you're gonna do something, that is a classic option. But maybe get different wheels that are already black and then it should look okay and last. If you paint the wheels and don't like it, well it's stuck. Point is, it's already clean and visually appealing!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.