Lexus CT200h Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys,

Hope everyone is safe and well,

As the title suggests I'm thinking of buying a 2014 onwards CT200h.

Few questions are on my mind, hoping I can get a few answers.

What's the ride quality like on the F-Sport, is it much firmer? Which trim has the most comfy ride?

Also is there anything to lookout for? I'm thinking of getting the car from a Lexus approved dealer so 12 months is covered. But I'd still like to know to question it back to the dealer.

Finally I really enjoy my music when driving, how can I tell if the sound system has the standard 6 speaker set up or the 13 speaker set up? I'll ask the dealer of course, but just wanted to know if there were any visual differences and where would I find them.

Thanks in advance.

Silks

Sent from my Pixel 4 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
11 Posts
i just bought one-2012 CT without Fsport.
I tested an Fsport as well, i didn’t like the suspension at all. i noticed a difference and wasn’t too fond about it. the steering is definitely nice though.

I wanted lexus comfort. the Fsport (to me) drove like a honda with the stiff suspension. that’s not bad though! just sportier feel!

i would definitely go for premium sound. the base sounds is okay.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I have a 2015 ct200h ( not f sport) and it rides firm. Got it from Carvana in 2016. 28000 mi. No problems, put on 2nd set of Starfire tires ( Cooper knockoffs) good tires. The Michlins it came with suck.The stock stereo is awesome, much better than the wife's 2015 Accord. 10 speakers with a subwoofer, sounds awesome

·
Registered
1 Posts
I owned my 2012 CT200H since it was new, and I have driven now past 105,000 miles. The CT200H is basically a Toyota Prius, its ICE engine is 2ZR-FXE, a very reliable (although way under powered) 4 cylinder Atkinson cycle engine. CT200H is discontinued by Lexus, but there are literally hundred thousands of Prius of all trim levels in the road. You will get better service and more competitive pricing for services at a typical Toyota dealerships or independent shops. Change the oil regularly, make sure you use only 0W20 synthetic engine oil. The rotors and brake pads will last over 75,000 miles but do drain and replace the hydraulic fluid, at least once during your ownership, be aware that the fluid brake electric pump is always on, it will "hunt" for your key fob and once within the range it will pressurized the lines to operating conditions; so if you have the brake calipers out, the piston will shoot out like bazooka. There is a electromagnetic oil valve on top of the valve cover. This engine features variable valve control, i.e. there is a oil solenoid control on top of the valve cover by passenger side. This solenoid valve has tendency to clog and your engine will be sluggish. Just buy a new one from Amazon. The EGR is more complicated to replace, if needed you will need a shop to do it. For your mechanical needs search for an independent shop specializing in Prius hybrids, you can't go wrong! Good luck in your acquisition and enjoy it.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hi guys,

What's the ride quality like on the F-Sport, is it much firmer? Which trim has the most comfy ride?

Also is there anything to lookout for? I'm thinking of getting the car from a Lexus approved dealer so 12 months is covered. But I'd still like to know to question it back to the dealer.

Finally I really enjoy my music when driving, how can I tell if the sound system has the standard 6 speaker set up or the 13 speaker set up? I'll ask the dealer of course, but just wanted to know if there were any visual differences and where would I find them.

Thanks in advance.

Silks

Hi Silks,

In test drives I found the non-f sport more comfy. The 6 speakers are not awesome but they work for me. Two things I wish I’d know about before my purchase. Is there a second key set? If not it will cost about $450 from a dealer, at least in CA. Make that part of the negotiation. Also, check the reverse beep sound, if it’s continuous it may drive you crazy so see if the dealer will change it to one beep at no cost. I hope you find that useful.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Hi guys,

Thanks in advance.

Silks

I have a 2014 Gray, leased it as a service car from Lexus, it now has 104k miles, I drive it a lot as you can tell.

F-Sport Suspension is too hard, and not the stiff suspension you would get from a sports car, so the feel was not great at least in my opinion, I have owned many cars of all sorts. The base model is much better in that sense, but also harsh as the tires are hard and loud. For mine which is a base model, I replaced the original tires with Michelin Pilot Sport 4S and is by far the best thing I did, handling rocks, car is quiet, and it feels like a sports car in every sense. Mileage dropped 3-4 per gallon, no big deal, handles awesome now.

The 6-speaker Stereo is actually pretty good, the regular one, if you stream music using blue tooth, for some reason it is much more clear and loud compared to any other. The 6-speaker has the green screen on the stereo itself, the upgraded one is on the navigation screen I think

The brakes make that annoying fart noise, it only got worse with time, but no issues with the brakes at all. I drive mostly highway so it doesn't bother me, but probably my only complaint.

Warranty on the battery is 10 years or 100k in California at least, whichever comes first. I thought buying a car from Lexus was good for the warranty, truth is nothing goes wrong with these cars and the Certified Warranty from Lexus DOES NOT cover the battery and charging system. I have not replaced the brakes yet (fronts are at 4mm) and the battery (not the hybrid battery) is still the original. Knock on wood, this is one of the best cars I've ever owned.

I recommend get the best deal, cleanest car, lowest miles, clean title. Resale value on these is great. Good luck.

·
Registered
31 Posts
I owned my 2012 CT200H since it was new, and I have driven now past 105,000 miles. The CT200H is basically a Toyota Prius, its ICE engine is 2ZR-FXE, a very reliable (although way under powered) 4 cylinder Atkinson cycle engine. CT200H is discontinued by Lexus, but there are literally hundred thousands of Prius of all trim levels in the road. You will get better service and more competitive pricing for services at a typical Toyota dealerships or independent shops. Change the oil regularly, make sure you use only 0W20 synthetic engine oil. The rotors and brake pads will last over 75,000 miles but do drain and replace the hydraulic fluid, at least once during your ownership, be aware that the fluid brake electric pump is always on, it will "hunt" for your key fob and once within the range it will pressurized the lines to operating conditions; so if you have the brake calipers out, the piston will shoot out like bazooka. There is a electromagnetic oil valve on top of the valve cover. This engine features variable valve control, i.e. there is a oil solenoid control on top of the valve cover by passenger side. This solenoid valve has tendency to clog and your engine will be sluggish. Just buy a new one from Amazon. The EGR is more complicated to replace, if needed you will need a shop to do it. For your mechanical needs search for an independent shop specializing in Prius hybrids, you can't go wrong! Good luck in your acquisition and enjoy it.
The pressurized brake fluid is the most shocking information I've read on this forum ever! Never know what you're going to learn.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Hi guys,

Thanks in advance.

Silks

Looks like your questions have been answered by other members, but just want to add my opinion on the CT. It was one of my favorites, excellent in every way, and I still miss it. Mine was a 2013 that I bought certified used from the Lexus dealer, which I would recommend, although I like to save money as well as the next guy by buying direct. But still.....
I wanted to upgrade to the 2016 to buy down the miles, but saw an irresistable UX250 when I was in for an oil change. It's a good one also, but hated to part with my CT.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi guys,

Thanks in advance.

Silks

They are great cars. I had an 11 which I gave to one of my sons. It. Has almost 300k on it. We did have to rebuild head gasket on it at 260k. Besides that gas and oil and wiper blades and tires. That’s it. Brakes at about 175k. I now drive my 2012 which I have 136k on. You won’t get up and go fast but you can set the cruise at 85 and enjoy.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I have a 2013. I’ve only done general maintenance and have never needed to change the brakes. $20 to drive from Ca to Vegas is awesome. It’s nice and zippy off the line, but that’s it. Once you get to speed it’s nice. In sport mode you will be able to pass up slower cars going up hills.
Best way to tell if you have the premium sound system is to look for the subwoofer in the trunk. It will be on the driver side, you can’t miss it.
Although the Nav is outdated, Beat Sonic makes an IPhone mirror kit.
I have a base, but installed the F Sport Blue springs. I don’t know the difference in tire quality between these and the factory F Sport springs, but the ride isn’t harsh at all.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts