Lexus CT200h Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Flame suit on....;)

My wheels showed up today. I was planning on waiting for springs to become available before putting them on, but seeing as how I can't get a whole lot of availability information from Tanabe, RS*R dealers and parts depts (re:F-Sport) - I may go ahead and put these on.

Privat Reserv
17x8 +40
18.7 lbs (little heavier than what I wanted, but they'll do for an 8 inch wide wheel).

Also, was thinking of painting the centers
black
starfire pearl
or leave as is (which is a matte grey).

Thanks.

·
Registered
193 Posts
I"m not a huge fan of polished lip wheels. I'd prefer it it was all one color.

I too am waiting on sommmmmmmmmmebody to get back to me on springs TEIN, RS-R, modellista, eibach, SOMEONE! before I slap on my Volk Racing TE37's.

Take some pics if you do decide to put them on at stock height.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
They're one piece wheels, so some media blasting and a respray would not be an issue. Once the OEM tires wear out I'd hope to be able to put some of these on:
WedsSport SA55M - Ravspeconline.com
(love the black with the blue) but the +50 offset on an 18" or 19" may be too high...

Will do on the pics.

·
Registered
222 Posts
i think the privat wheels look good, although it's not my style. i'm wondering why you didn't choose to go with the perennial enkei rpf-1 (kinda similar styling without the polished lip) and one of the most lightweight non-forged 1-piece wheels out there.

i think a lot of people are on the same boat--waiting for springs or coilovers to get the drop before slapping on the aftermarket wheels we have sitting in our rooms. :p

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Something about the RPF01's (probably the shorter spokes) that don't quite do it for me on this car. Great wheel - like them allot.

I was very close to going with the 17x7.5 PF01 +38, but at over 2x the price for wheels that I'll likely be replacing with 18's or 19's in a couple years --- I couldn't bring myself to do it...

Now hopefully I don't have to wait 2 years for springs or coilovers...

·
Registered
222 Posts
why replace in a couple of years? just get some nice lightweight forged wheels in the first place and save yourself the hassle of buying multiple sets of other wheels later on. :D just my own rambling thoughts....

i'm hoping the japan disasters don't delay development of aftermarket stuff for the ct200h too much, although the delay i'm sure is going to be inevitable to a certain extent. :(

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Eventually want to go 18's or 19's but still wanted to use up my OEM tires instead of letting them get crusty in the attic... These were cheap and will differentiate it from other CT's. I usually see three on my commute daily (red, silver and smokey).

·
Registered
109 Posts
What size tires will you be putting on those? Mount them up!

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I'll run the OEM tires until they need to be replaced and then decide if I'll move to 18's or 19's. I'll test fit these tomorrow and decide if I'll mount them next week or wait for suspension mods.

·
Premium Member
1,101 Posts
I like those wheels a lot! How much do they run? Please do post pics when you've mounted them up!

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
jimmyc13 - sent you PM.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Went ahead an mounted the wheels this past week

I was going to wait for suspension products but the only thing I could find were some Tein coilovers - eight weeks out and $2K+ for the Flex and I didn't want to gamble on the lower end street series. Still waiting to hear back from Tanabe and RS*R does not have a US distributor anymore... C'mon F-Sports...

·
Premium Member
1,101 Posts
They look nice, but man, that will look real nice once you find your lowering springs!

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thanks. Yeah, I like the look too but my very amatuer p-chopped pictures of it dropped look much better.

BTW, the OEM wheels weigh in at a surprising 24.6 lbs... Those folks going with the Volks / Rays wheels from the get go will be seeing some significant savings in weight.

·
Premium Member
1,101 Posts
Thanks. Yeah, I like the look too but my very amatuer p-chopped pictures of it dropped look much better.

BTW, the OEM wheels weigh in at a surprising 24.6 lbs... Those folks going with the Volks / Rays wheels from the get go will be seeing some significant savings in weight.
Wow, no kidding, that's wheels only right?

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Yep, wheels only.

·
Registered
222 Posts
they look good, thanks for sharing pics and information on the stock wheel weight! i think you made the right choice in not going with tein... there willl be more respectable offerings being released soon enough.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Thanks. I'm trying to do some more homework on the tein super streets. I thought they were a variant of the basics (which I did not want) but from what I've read, some people are getting near 100K miles on them before needing a rebuild... Trying not to let the 'itch' for dropping the car cloud my judgement...

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
3.5 years later... The OEM tires needed to be replaced.

Went with a 'safe' choice on fit: TSW Panorama Rotary Forged Wheels (18x8 +45 Front / +35 Rear at 18.5 lbs) wrapped in 225-40-18 Continental DW's (20.8 lbs).

Panorama-Mine.jpg

1 - 20 of 23 Posts