Lexus CT200h Forums banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I picked up my new CT yesterday evening. Here are a few of my initial impressions ... :D

- Love the red! None of the photos I’ve seen really does it the justice it deserves.

- The handing is very good. The steering is precise and responsive. The brakes work well without being touchy.

- The car is responsive and accelerates well at very low speeds. (0 – 40 kph). The car starts to whine a bit between 40kph and 80 kph, but still responds reasonably well. We haven’t taken the car on the highway yet, so we don’t know anything about its higher speed performance. My wife thinks this car easily outperforms my old Buick Regal. I’m not so sure (the Buick has very good high speed acceleration). :rolleyes:

- Set up a Bluetooth connection to our iPhones for both phone and audio. This was easier than I anticipated. The car automatically connects to my phone as soon as I near the car, and will automatically start playing the tunes on my phone when I press the “Aux” button. :cool: The sound quality is very good.

- XM radio sounds good. The car came with the XM already activated.

- I set the sound system to "FM". The sound was terrible ... very tinny. I fiddled with the tuning button, and found that the base equalization defaults to “0” for FM. Bumped the base to “5” ... now the radio sounds great. I also turned on the Automatic Sound Levelling.

- I configured the Homelink garage door opener. This was a little tricky. The Canadian instructions don’t work, but fortunately the US instructions do. I need to hold the Homelink button for a couple of seconds before a garage door will open or close. I don’t like that.

- I set up the memory seats. After a few attempts, I got the seat positions associated with the door buttons. I couldn’t get the buttons associated with the key vobs. I’ll give this another shot this evening.

So far, I’m very happy. :) I’ll post pictures later today.

·
Registered
414 Posts
Congrats! Glad you love it as much as I do.
We have relatives in Kanata and have been there many, many times.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Congrats!!

·
Registered
121 Posts
Congrats! That's the color/option combo I wanted in April but took the last one the dealer had as I couldn't wait until "the end of August at the earliest" according to my dealer - and I couldn't be happier. I am sure I am going to miss my Honda Pilot come winter time but I have calculalted that I have saved 1700$ in gas in 4 months compared to my Pilot - it is not good for city driving.

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Congrats! Glad you love it as much as I do.
We have relatives in Kanata and have been there many, many times.
If I see a brown CT puttering around the west end of Ottawa, I'll honk and wave. :D

·
Registered
237 Posts
Congrats!! I'm glad your wait is finally over!!

·
Registered
100 Posts
Yay! You'll have some fun over the next few days checking out all the possibilities. I will be checking mine out tomorrow :)
Hey...does the IKEA in Nepean have hybrid parking spots? Might just have to make a trip up to the new capital from the old capital just to park in a designated spot!

·
Premium Member
957 Posts
Congratulations! Welcome welcome! Enjoy saving money at the pump! OMG MPG!

·
Registered
25 Posts
Congrats, I just picked up my CT this afternoon. Drove around the neighbourhood at 40 kph in EV....cool. BTW drove around where the speed limit was 40 so I didn't P.O. any drivers.:eek:

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
:cool:
Yay! You'll have some fun over the next few days checking out all the possibilities. I will be checking mine out tomorrow :)
Hey...does the IKEA in Nepean have hybrid parking spots? Might just have to make a trip up to the new capital from the old capital just to park in a designated spot!
Today is your big day. :D Woo Hoo! :D

That new IKEA is massive. I believe it is the biggest in the world. I think the parking is indoors. They have always had hybrid only parking, and I hope that will continue. :cool:

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Congrats, I just picked up my CT this afternoon. Drove around the neighbourhood at 40 kph in EV....cool. BTW drove around where the speed limit was 40 so I didn't P.O. any drivers.:eek:
Congrats on the new car Tomster! :D

Were you able to determine how long the car will drive in EV only mode? I've been meaning to do the EV only experiment myself. :cool:

I'll honk if I see you :D

·
Registered
25 Posts
Nice red colour on the CT! I drove around for about 1.5 km on EV. I think the more stop signs/red lights you have to stop for the longer you will go on EV as the regenerative braking gets to charge the battery. I know at one point during my driving last night it said that it could not go into EV mode as the batteries were not charged enough.

·
Premium Member
661 Posts
Hey Congrats YOW! I know you've been waiting for awhile. If you see a black with tint around give me a yonk! If you need help setting seat settings to key fob. Heres a little quick explanation. Take the key fob you want to set in.

1. Enter vehicle with desired key only.
2. Make sure car is Off
3. Once seat is in desired position, hold that number.
4. While holding that number press driver door lock switch (either lock or unlock) and it will beep at you.
5. Repeat process with other key and other desired position (make sure seat is in that position before)

·
Premium Member
875 Posts
Awesome Color

Awesome Color -- The Matador Red Mica really sparkles in the sun ;)

·
Registered
13 Posts
Got mine last night! 5 months, 7 days to be exact since ordering. Now, to read the manuals...

·
Premium Member
1,101 Posts
Got mine last night! 5 months, 7 days to be exact since ordering. Now, to read the manuals...
Over 5 months!? Holy smokes! How happy are you?! Congrats.

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Hey Congrats YOW! I know you've been waiting for awhile. If you see a black with tint around give me a yonk! If you need help setting seat settings to key fob. Heres a little quick explanation. Take the key fob you want to set in.

1. Enter vehicle with desired key only.
2. Make sure car is Off
3. Once seat is in desired position, hold that number.
4. While holding that number press driver door lock switch (either lock or unlock) and it will beep at you.
5. Repeat process with other key and other desired position (make sure seat is in that position before)
Thanks Darkride

I got the key vob thing working a couple of days ago. I think I used your instructions from a post you made a couple of months ago. :D

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Congrats on the new wheels! :D That is a long wait! :rolleyes:.

What miodel and color did you get? post pics :D

1 - 20 of 28 Posts