Lexus CT200h Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I noticed that for F sport package, the US version have shorter lower grill then the F sport from country like Australia. The rear bumper also doesnt look the same at the bottom part...the US seems to take shortcut (bu just swapping few parts from the regular version). This is very dissapointing facts, as it doesnt look as good as wider lower grill and non weird middle seperator on the bottom rear bumper.

Anybody notice this? The special edition is actually come with lowering springs, how does the ride feels?

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
150 views and no comments? This is what I meant... (Left seems to be Canadian - LUCKY PEOPLE!)...I DONT KNOW WHY THEY DECIDE TO USE THE LAME VERSION FOR US!

Land vehicle Vehicle Car Headlamp White
Bumper Automotive exterior Vehicle Car Automotive lighting

·
Premium Member
94 Posts
I agree, those do look better than the US models. Different front and rear bumpers. The Sewell Site even shows the different bumpers in their parts list. If you ever trashed your bumpers, I wonder if you could order the other ones? Same price for either.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I agree, those do look better than the US models. Different front and rear bumpers. The Sewell Site even shows the different bumpers in their parts list. If you ever trashed your bumpers, I wonder if you could order the other ones? Same price for either.
Indeed, maybe for the rear bumper they just add that black plastic piece to cover the UGLY underside for US version...that is something that probably anyone can buy from the part store (maybe from Canada Lexus) and install it by yourself. Maybe just a piece of black plastics with clips.

The big issue is the front bumper, you have to change the whole bumper. No wonder I was disappointed that I don't see the difference at the dealership from the F sport and regular version (the grille is minimal). As far as I remember (I read the Australian review - Sonic Blue F Sport with Sydney view on the back). What make Lexus think American can tolerate ugly-nest more then other countries?right guys...

·
Premium Member
94 Posts
Indeed, maybe for the rear bumper they just add that black plastic piece to cover the UGLY underside for US version...
Probably have to mod the bumper itself because that American 'duck tail' in the center is in the way. The front bumper lower grill doesn't seem to have the F Sport grids available though for the Non-US version. Can anyone confirm this?

Attachments

·
Registered
486 Posts
I believe a Canadian owner got an F sport with the better looking bumper on the left, but it did not have the mesh grille.
He then went to the dealer who ordered it for him and replaced it

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I believe a Canadian owner got an F sport with the better looking bumper on the left, but it did not have the mesh grille.
He then went to the dealer who ordered it for him and replaced it
Canadian F-Sport owner must be happier then US F-Sport owner, a little difference make a BIG difference. Is it because US labor rate is too expensive? I don't see the logic behind this Lexus. Its not nice to sell F-Sport to US consumer like that LEXUS, I already feel cheated.

·
Premium Member
661 Posts
It comes down to the what that countries Lexus heads decide. Which is the unfortunate thing because sometimes they decide against certain options for country/region. The pricing is lower in US for F-Sport than elsewhere and they can make it cheaper by offering regular bumpers. Lower price means more people will go with that option, and helps build F-Sport recognition. Some people only would buy CT for F-Sport version so would you have less buyers if it cost more?

I have dealt with this before on a previous Lexus vehicle when I was as baffled at why Texas got option for heated steering wheel but Canada did not. They said Canada Lexus heads felt Canadians wouldn't pay extra and thus was not given as option.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
It comes down to the what that countries Lexus heads decide. Which is the unfortunate thing because sometimes they decide against certain options for country/region. The pricing is lower in US for F-Sport than elsewhere and they can make it cheaper by offering regular bumpers. Lower price means more people will go with that option, and helps build F-Sport recognition. Some people only would buy CT for F-Sport version so would you have less buyers if it cost more?

I have dealt with this before on a previous Lexus vehicle when I was as baffled at why Texas got option for heated steering wheel but Canada did not. They said Canada Lexus heads felt Canadians wouldn't pay extra and thus was not given as option.
Thanks, that clear few things up. However I think this is more into decision from Lexus North America Head rather then the cost issue (the price difference of making the lower grille wider - which means actually less material being used for the bumper, still doesn't make sense) also price for Canadian higher because of the options being bundled into 1 package, US can choose many options separately.

·
Registered
486 Posts
Canadian F-Sport owner must be happier then US F-Sport owner, a little difference make a BIG difference. Is it because US labor rate is too expensive? I don't see the logic behind this Lexus. Its not nice to sell F-Sport to US consumer like that LEXUS, I already feel cheated.
Don't worry, here in Canada we only get to choose one of 4 packages.
We can't mix and match options and features like in the US

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hmm... from the picture posted by clever chimp, aside from the bumper difference, look at the headlamps! It's different! Now that's a lot of changes for the money for the Real F sports. I think the US version is like WT-F sports version. or is this a difference between 2012 version vs 2013 version?

I doubt our US lexus.com site is updated. But if it is, darn, it sucks.

Check out other countries' version, not even F and has that bumper

ok, nevermind, I found out that they have something called "Ultimate" version. So we (US) don't even get to have that bumper included in the F.

·
Registered
65 Posts
I want the Canadian rear bumper...:mad:

·
Registered
86 Posts
Bringing this thread out from the dead...

Unfortunately, I was rear-ended this morning. The damage was incredibly minor as I saw the car coming up on me and tried to accelerate to avoid contact. Ended up being a collision at 15mph at the most. Long story short... I still need a new bumper.

The body shop is ordering me in a replacement f-sport bumper and as it appears in their database, it will be the Canadian version. I'm hoping that this will be the case. I'll report back either way.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Just realized I never checked back in. The replacement rear bumper that I received was the typical US one with the ugly "tailbone".

1 - 16 of 16 Posts