Lexus CT200h Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If everyone who has an issue with their non-funtional sun visor in their amazing CT200h would call 1-800-255-3987 to complain, maybe we can get something done about it! I just let the poor person on the other end of the phone have an earfull about how Lexus should be ashamed of the NON-sun visor in the cars. Mentioned other Lexus models have extensions so where is the extension on the CT?

·
Registered
47 Posts
Welcome to the forum. So far, you have 4 posts and started two new threads regarding the design of the sun visor. I'm not saying that we don't want to hear your complaints, but littering the forum with complaints on the same issue leaves the forum scattered with information in random places, which makes people who use the search function give up on their search.

The sun visor is small compared to ones in other vehicles that I've driven. However, I have gotten used to them. I doubt Lexus would retroactively replace the visors unless fatal accidents were caused by them. If anything, they might change the design in future models if they hear enough complaints about it.

·
Registered
648 Posts
Honestly I've never once moved the visor over to the window on any car I have ever driven, so I would have never even noticed it if it wasn't brought up several times on this forum.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
and this is my second. The first one did have an extender. I am a skin cancer victim/survivor, I need all the protection I can get. I paid a pretty price for LEXUS QUALITY. The poorly designed cheap sun visor is unacceptable

·
Registered
842 Posts
leonar40, you clearly don't live in Texas
No, and if there are nagging, one note people around all the time, I don't even want to visit. I live in South Florida. We get sun sometimes. I fail to see how a sun visor can give you any protection of value from skin cancer unless you hang a towel from it and cover all the window area which sounds kind of dangerous to me. Get a hat, a sun protection, long sleeved shirt and wear sunscreen, as I do when I am driving for any length of time. You need a hobby. How could you not notice this dangerous flaw when you first saw the car?

PS I haven't heard anyone tell you to keep quiet, just not to repeat yourself so much. We know, we know!

·
Registered
990 Posts
Cster54 how is a sun visor going to protect you from skin cancer?? If you didn't like the fact the car didn't have a visor extender, then why did you buy the car?? Oh wait because you didn't do your research and chose to complain about it because you were too negligent to notice it in your research before you bought your car. It's people like you that make those if us with legitimate issues in this world look bad. If I were Lexus I would have hung up on you and told you to take a hike.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
17 Posts
I fully agree with the OP. The sun visor is totally worthless on the side. The larger issue is that the sun visor is something you expect to work and isn't something that most will check the functionality of on a test drive. My old LS and old GS had telescopic sun visors. While those were sold as higher end vehicles, the CT is 14 yrs and 7 years newer than these other lexus. Very disappointing and I will be complaining to my service adviser next time I take the car in.

·
Registered
842 Posts
I fully agree with the OP. The sun visor is totally worthless on the side. The larger issue is that the sun visor is something you expect to work and isn't something that most will check the functionality of on a test drive. My old LS and old GS had telescopic sun visors. While those were sold as higher end vehicles, the CT is 14 yrs and 7 years newer than these other lexus. Very disappointing and I will be complaining to my service adviser next time I take the car in.
Let us know how that complaint works out.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts