Lexus CT200h Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Everyone,

I'm thinking of getting the Gominigo 'No HOLES' Lic Plate Bracket kit which can be seen here - Lexus - GoMiniGo-Home of Innovative Products for your car The CT isn't shown but i sent them an email and they said they've fitted their kit to the CT but it's just not on the website yet. If you're interested in ordered, order any of the available ones and make a note you'd like the CT one.

My question is, once i remove the stock plate holder on the front bumper, what will I funder underneath? I'm crossing my fingers for no holes. But, if there are holes. what is the best way to go about covering/filling them up. Thanks!

·
Registered
648 Posts
Well I can't speak for everyone, but there are two big nasty screw holes in my front bumper. I took off the "dealership" front license plate after I bought the car and was shocked. I guess my plan is to just keep the bracket on with no plate forever as that at least covers up the holes and it's not too noticable since both the holder and my car are black.

·
Registered
324 Posts
Well I can't speak for everyone, but there are two big nasty screw holes in my front bumper. I took off the "dealership" front license plate after I bought the car and was shocked. I guess my plan is to just keep the bracket on with no plate forever as that at least covers up the holes and it's not too noticable since both the holder and my car are black.
Do a thread search for license plate plugs. They're some that come in colors that you just snap them in and covers the screw holes..

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for the feedback everyone. I'm gonna look into the bumper plugs. They don't seem to have Ultra White as an option so I emailed them to see what they could do. I think the paint code for Ultra White is 083. I'm also prolly gonna go with the gominigo. I didn't want my plate in the center. Cool mod ctecho!

·
Registered
81 Posts
Another victim of the large holes in the front bumper cover as a result of the dealer drilling in the plate.

I used bumper plugs.com and got the plugs. Problem was that where the dealer drilled the holes, it was not a flat part of the bumper. I used a heat gun and heated the plugs after they were installed, and tried bending them to fit the contour of the bumper cover, but the paint cracked anyway.
The paint has not flaked off, but upon close inspection you can deff see the cracks on the bumper plugs. From a foot away you can't see the cracks, but just a heads up.

Until I get the bumper shaved and painted, which I won't do until the car has a lot of miles / rock chips, this is how it will stay

·
Registered
3 Posts
Most people don't know this but body shops can patch and re-paint the bumper for around 150 max and same day turn around.
Call around and get some quotes, you would be surprised how easy and inexpensive it is.

·
Registered
81 Posts
On a pearl? Highly unlikely (if you want it done with good paint, and want it to match)

Greex,

I got it painted. A good friend who owns a body shop scuffed, primed and painted then cleared and baked it for $200...
He only wanted $100 from me, but I know the work involved in it. If someone walked in off the street it would have been a $350 job minimum.

·
Registered
81 Posts
I emailed chroming places that claimed they could chrome plastic, they wanted $350 each.
Another shop quoted me at $1100...including return shipping :/

I said scratch the chrome idea lol

·
Registered
192 Posts
I too have dealer holes =/

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
3 Posts
I took mine to Hamer Toyota in Mission Hills, CA. Both 2013 Prius - white and 2013 CT200h Tungsten Pearl they charged 150 each.
I have the bill to prove it, so it's all on how you deal with the service reps and if they have a in-house body shop. The only reason, why I took it to
the dealer and not my local paint shop was body shop needed 24+ hours. My local body shop charged same amount of $$$.

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Hmmmm wow, after reading through all of these, perhaps i will just leave it as is for now hahaha. thanks for everyone's thoughts on this.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts