Lexus CT200h Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
352 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In the Road & Track October issue, they had an article that compared 8 cars against each other that had to have as least 30 mpg and fun to drive. They used some complex formula that had 10 variables that included skidpad, slalom, mpg, acceleration, etc and came up with a value. The CT200h ranked 3rd, which is a decent rank. Here is the list:

1. Fiat 500 Abarth
2. Chevy Cruze Eco
3. Lexus Ct200h
4. VW Jetta TDI
5. Mazda 3i Touring
6. Hyundai Velostar
7. Dodge Dart Rallye
8. Honda Sport Fit

Some notable stats on the CT compared to the rest is that it was the heaviest, most expensive, tied with the Fit for slowest in the 0-60, and best mpg. No doubt the mpg lifted its score.
It was an interesting article that detailed the performance of each car backed up by objective measurements. Well done R&T.

·
Registered
15 Posts
O? the Fiat is a cheap production car with a horrendous history of constant repairs, it handles like a toad and is generally considered a hunk of junk. The CT200 outshines every other car on that list, with the VW coming in second.
Really, who pays these reviewers.....

·
Registered
54 Posts
It is the most expensive because it is the best made of all 8. I looked at a few on the list and bought the CT for the fit and finish plus it drives the best IMO.

·
Registered
609 Posts
I am surprised that Mini Cooper is not in the list. Unless there is a variable of reliability in the rating then it would explain it. Everyone I know who owns a Mini after 4 years have to go thru all the repairs. It is an extremely fun car with great gas mileage, but a pain to own. It is probably great to lease for 3 years since all maintenance are included for the first 3 years.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts