Lexus CT200h Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

I am a new owner of a CT 200h and I'm very pleased with it. However, upon purchasing the car I found out that the knobs that control the heated seat switch were missing. Now all that's exposed are two metal pins and it's all I can see on the dash– not to mention annoying to use. I ended up ringing a couple of Lexus dealers and wrecking yards with hopes of an easy fix but I have been told that I have to buy an entire front control / combination switch unit for hundreds.
I'm just looking for the two caps pictured:

Any thoughts?
Happy driving!

·
Registered
679 Posts
I think you are on the right track with junk yards. I'm not surprised that they wouldn't want to have you just take the two plastic knobs though or they would never be able to sell the rest of the seat heater control underneath it. Also try Carparts.com and just buy the cheapest seat heater control module you can find. It doesn't even have to work since you just want the knobs.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hi all,

I am a new owner of a CT 200h and I'm very pleased with it. However, upon purchasing the car I found out that the knobs that control the heated seat switch were missing. Now all that's exposed are two metal pins and it's all I can see on the dash– not to mention annoying to use. I ended up ringing a couple of Lexus dealers and wrecking yards with hopes of an easy fix but I have been told that I have to buy an entire front control / combination switch unit for hundreds.

Any thoughts?
Happy driving!

View attachment 60070

·
Registered
5 Posts
Have you tried pushing those "pins"? Those look like my seat heater controls.
If you press them, they should pop up enabling you to turn them on and off.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi all,

Any thoughts?
Happy driving!

View attachment 60070
Did you ever find them???

·
Banned
165 Posts
There are others cars with matching knobs, but different colors.
I bought this for $10 on ebay and took the knobs off. The color is much lighter but it is better than having no knob.
2001-2003 Lexus LS430 Heated Seat Control
The dimensions are exactly the same.
There probably is another car out there with black knobs, but I have not found it yet.

·
Banned
165 Posts
If you dont find a local junk yard. Try contacting this guy on ebay. Sold by autoalexparts ( 2769 )
I just bought a part off a crashed CT200h. Ask if they have any CT200hs with the knobs that they can sell you.
If he does not have it, search for any other listings that shows a crashed CT in their for sale pictures. Contact that seller to see if they can sell you just the knobs.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts