Lexus CT200h Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
We just got back last night from a 1200 mile California road trip from San Diego to Sacramento and back for the holiday. Mom and I left early Wednesday morning in her new CT (starting mileage was less than 100) and wanted to so some sightseeing along the way so we decided to go through LA and drive along the 101 along the coast for a while. We stopped in Solvang for lunch and cut back to the 5 from San Luis Obispo. Coming back we took the 99, then cut over to Tehechapi and down the 395 to the 15. Overall, it was a great route for experiencing all of the new car’s “CT-ness”. This Lexus is definitely fun to drive.

Loved:
Radar Cruise Control (performed much better than I expected)
Gas mileage (41 MPH overall)
Drive Modes
Overall Handling
Practical size (able to seat 4 people comfortably)
Visibility with rear headrests lowered
Audio system versatility (AM/FM/XM/BT/Aux/iPhone/mp3/CD)
The toys: navigation, voice commands, Lexus Enform, automatic lights & wipers, tilt-down side mirrors, backup camera
The pretties: materials, fit & finish, lighting, leather stitching, dash.

Dislikes:
Brake modulation at the end of moderate-to-short stops takes getting used to
Nav lock-out while moving
Mediocre sound quality from “premium” audio system
Can’t see audio info (track/station/track text) continuously while using nav
No coolant temp gauge

Minor Annoyances:
Limited range of tilt/telescoping steering wheel
Two-step roof closing
Sun visors useless for side windows

·
Registered
371 Posts
Pretty much sums up the same likes and dislikes of other CT owners.

·
Premium Member
661 Posts
Well you can knock one of the dislikes off :p you go into your navigation settings you can set it up so it continually shows audio, and doesn't go back to the fuel efficiency screen/navigation map

·
Premium Member
875 Posts
Page 304 item 2

How Do you set this????
From you user's manual page 304 Item 2 set to "OFF" if you do not want to return to the nav map screen automatically.

·
Registered
324 Posts
We just got back last night from a 1200 mile California road trip from San Diego to Sacramento and back for the holiday. Mom and I left early Wednesday morning in her new CT (starting mileage was less than 100) and wanted to so some sightseeing along the way so we decided to go through LA and drive along the 101 along the coast for a while. We stopped in Solvang for lunch and cut back to the 5 from San Luis Obispo. Coming back we took the 99, then cut over to Tehechapi and down the 395 to the 15. Overall, it was a great route for experiencing all of the new car’s “CT-ness”. This Lexus is definitely fun to drive.
Nice road trip. That's putting some miles.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Well you can knock one of the dislikes off :p you go into your navigation settings you can set it up so it continually shows audio, and doesn't go back to the fuel efficiency screen/navigation map
Thanks darkride- that's an okay work around-but ideally we should be able to view the route and know what's playing at the same time without having to give up one or the other. A better design, IMHO, would be to give the radio back its own display (like in a non-nav version), and/or dedicate the top or bottom border of the nav screen to audio info- like a ticker.

·
Registered
239 Posts
Dislikes:
Brake modulation at the end of moderate-to-short stops takes getting used to
Nav lock-out while moving
Mediocre sound quality from “premium” audio system
Can’t see audio info (track/station/track text) continuously while using nav
No coolant temp gauge
Yeah, pretty much all of this can be worked around/fixed.

Nav-lockout, the Beatsonic bypass for $185 (+1-2 hour install) fixes this reaaaaallllly nicely! I love it now!
Sound quality from 'Premium' audio: I was also pretty disappointed, the addition of a REAL subwoofer and amplifer turns this into a VERY VERY decent system, a notch below my other pure audiophile systems.
Audio/Nav switching, someone has already mentioned how to fix this.
Coolant Temp Gauge, I don't see a major need for this as it's a Toyota and WON'T overheat unless you're flogging it in the desert at 120 degrees uphill, but a scangauge (Under $200) would provide this I believe.

I'm pretty happy with my CT after a few minor modifications. Haven't done the scan gauge though. =]

·
Registered
371 Posts
Thanks darkride- that's an okay work around-but ideally we should be able to view the route and know what's playing at the same time without having to give up one or the other. A better design, IMHO, would be to give the radio back its own display (like in a non-nav version), and/or dedicate the top or bottom border of the nav screen to audio info- like a ticker.
I, too, think Lexus could have done a better job incorporating the radio with the navigation. I really miss having radio buttons to push to quickly access my favorite stations and to show song titles at a glance. I hate going through the nav screen (too many clicks of the mouse) or cycling through the stations using the steering wheel controls and voice recognition is basically worthless in my opinion (way too slow). I should have done a little more research when buying my CT. I'm generally very passionate and thrilled about the cars I buy, but with all the little annoyances (no mechanical problems at all... just features and feature execution), I haven't been totally excited about my CT as I've been with other cars I've owned.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts