Lexus CT200h Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone tested the Hybrid battery to see how healthy it is? Did you use Techstream or the Dr Prius app? The Dr Prius option looks much better to me since you can use it while driving and see how each battery is performing under various loads and states.

I live on a mountain top and frequently drive with a 500 lb -ish passenger/cargo load, I only get in the low 30 mpg's no matter what I do, but I have a feeling that is normal due to the circumstances. No HV battery errors, but I would like to verify the HV battery anyway.

I ordered a $10 wireless connector recommended by DR Prius and will be trying it.

If I should find a weak cell, does this car use the exact cells as the Prius of the same years? Are they the same from 2011-2017?

I figure these cars are getting old enough now that many of you have had problems and dealt with them.

Thanks

·
Registered
2015 eminent white pearl
203 Posts
I used Dr Prius to test. Its legit. Yeast the cells are the same. Also, your mileage doesn't seem abnormal considering the load and terrain. You'll only get 40+mpg if your driving is moderate to long distance with a bias toward freeway driving.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the insight, I think my batteries are probably ok, the car only has 45k. For fun I still need to do the Dr Prius thing and watch the batteries in use.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I got it running, tests OK, I can get an imbalance error on some cells running the battery test towards a low charge in sport mode. I think it's fine since I really had to push things to extremes to produce the undesirable results. I already disabled the seatbelt and reverse with techstream, but amazing you can do that with Dr Prius.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts