Lexus CT200h Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Tanabe drops 1.5" front and rear. F Sport 1" front and rear. No difference between base and premium from a suspension standpoint.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you so much shadow1. Lexus is trying to charge $1200 just to install the springs for labor, f-sport springs not included.

·
Registered
71 Posts
$1200 to install springs?!! I installed my Tanabe springs in less than 3 hours in my driveway. Then I spent $100 at my local Acura dealer down the street for an alignment. They are trying to charge you 6 hours of labor. Wow. Tell them to suck it.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
^That's what I said. Can you post pictures of your CT with the tanabe drop Shadow1. I would really appreciate it, I think I'm just going to buy the tanabe springs and skip the f-sports.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Nice ride shadow. Have the springs settled? Is it an even drop all the way around since install? I know some springs have a lower drop in the rear which in my opinion, looks horrible.

Rob

·
Registered
71 Posts
The springs have a few thousand miles in the pic. The drop is completely even. Road Magnet has the issues with uneven saggy butt drop. Thanks for the compliment.

·
Registered
71 Posts
I have a few more views but I didn't want my tags showing on the Internet.

·
Registered
81 Posts
The rear appears lower than the front with the tanabes because of the opening of the fenders. If you want an "even" gap all Around, you'd need coils and you'd have to lower the front more than the back.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Swift springs are the best IMO. I have Swifts on both my Evo and G35. However I do not believe Swift has springs for the CT200.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Do you guys know if any of the current springs available for our ride would give a slight rake look? I'm reluctant to pay the price of coil overs if I can some springs that give a great drop and a raked look without sacrificing ride quality.

·
Registered
71 Posts
None give a raked look. F Sport and Tanabe will evenly drop. Road Magnet has issues with excessive rear drop (reverse rake). Sounds like you need coilovers.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Yeah, I was thinking that as well. Just don't have an extra $1-1.5k to throw around right now. (first world problems) I think I read somewhere that Eibach were going to produce the sportline series for the CT, haven't heard anything recently though. Time to start saving my coins I suppose...............

·
Registered
49 Posts
Was thinking getting coilovers but the options for this car is very narrow plus I never liked BC coilovers, their adjustment design is just gonna jam eventually. I've had Tein and it jammed, even AST jams! Since my girl's car is still new, I am thinking about just getting springs for her ride. I paid $860 for ST coilovers for my BMW, not going to pay $1k for some BC.

Now, who sells these Tanabe springs the cheapest?

1 - 20 of 21 Posts