Lexus CT200h Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
199 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here is your chance if you live in the US to get a CT200h sooner than later. Right now, I am offering up the first batch of CT's to our Club member's. If you are interested, please contact me directly.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Here is your chance if you live in the US to get a CT200h sooner than later. Right now, I am offering up the first batch of CT's to our Club member's. If you are interested, please contact me directly.
When do you expect these to be delivered, if ordered now?

Also, do you have any data on the number of ct200hs already ordered worldwide? Im trying to get a feel of the estimated delivery time of the car, should i order it now. Thanks a lot in advance.

Jan

·
Premium Member
199 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Jan,

We should have them here ready for delivery by the first week of March. They just went into production, so it's usually about 2-3 month's out from that. My understanding is if you want with the Nav system, get one now, as they plan to make more of them now, and trim production down to a majority without that option after the first run.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Jan,

We should have them here ready for delivery by the first week of March. They just went into production, so it's usually about 2-3 month's out from that. My understanding is if you want with the Nav system, get one now, as they plan to make more of them now, and trim production down to a majority without that option after the first run.

Thanks a lot for your swift reply. I just ordered one (granite rey), including Nav and some other gadgets. According to the order form, it should arrive 15/Apr. So, judging from your reply, it could even be earlier :)

·
Premium Member
199 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks a lot for your swift reply. I just ordered one (granite rey), including Nav and some other gadgets. According to the order form, it should arrive 15/Apr. So, judging from your reply, it could even be earlier :)
My pleasure to help. The delivery is really going to come down to what "options" you choose. They are not building them with the Pre Crash system unless it is a Special Order, so that would hold a order for a while.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Greetings!

What is the expected quantity of a "batch"? And will most dealers get a "batch" or "some" CTs?

I have moved from the Chicago area, central-state and am torn between continuing with my Chicago dealer or building a relationship with a closer-by (there really aren't many tho) dealer that would be more likely for me to use should I desperately need service.

And regarding service, being my first hybrid, is there information out there on what the typical service requirements/thresholds are? On my RX, I change the oil and rotate the tires every 5k by a non-Lexus provider. I head back to the dealer for specific items. Not sure if my local provider would have too much experience with hybrids... I guess Toyota might, but not sure I want to go there.

Thanks!

·
Premium Member
199 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Lucy,

It is going to be a limited amount of vehicle's. More will be found at our store as we plan on having more demand and selling more of them than the urban dealerships.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Thanks very much and I will keep this in mind. I was unable to see/drive one of the prototypes that made the rounds so while I am 99% ready to trade my RX, I really want to see one in person.

I have driven the HS250 and am looking forward/expecting the CT to feel more driver-centric. Hope that makes sense. At the end of the day, I am really tired of paying $50+ to fill up the darn gas tank. Understanding that the costly hybrids fail most cost to own scenarios, for me it is the principle being required to pay whatever the fuel pump dictates.... Grrr. As long as the CT isn't much smaller (I understand it will be 3 in shorter) than my 1988 toyota celica, I think I will be very satisfied.

If you hear of any early CTs available for viewing and/or test drive. I am very interested.

Thanks!

·
Premium Member
199 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Lucy, I expect the first ones to be here in Feb. As soon as I know one will be here for viewing and or driving, I will post it up.

·
Registered
193 Posts
RX is a wonderful SUV. But I drive them regularly, and I actually enjoy moving my familiy around in my Prius more. It has more rear seat leg room. Less storage, but still more then enough.

With new Federal CAFE regulations in place, the govt wants the automakers to sell more and more fuel efficient cars. These regulations are very aggressive. By 2016, each corporate fleet of cars has to hit 6.9L/100km essentially! The automakers know that fuel efficient cars sell when gas prices are high..... take a look at this past year when fuel prices were stabilized......truck sales soared.

So in order to get the car buying public to buy fuel efficient cars.... I'm pretty sure, we'll somehow see the gas prices start to creep up and up.

Former oil company exec's have stated that they expect $5/gal by 2012 Summer.

And yes, cost calcs may not show that hybrids are winners, but...... its so much better to be using less oil and thus less energy.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Hey...I'm new on this forum but have already been in contact with somone from McGrath. My experience, thusfar, has been amazing. I'm hoping I can get early delivery as offered here. If you are even relatively close to Chicago, working with this dealership seems more than worth it. I'm a younger buyer, so I appreciate it when a dealership takes me seriously despite my age. A short conversation reveals that I am well versed in purchasing cars. You won't be disappointed with your experience at McGrath...and no, they did not put me up to these comments!

·
Premium Member
199 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Hey...I'm new on this forum but have already been in contact with somone from McGrath. My experience, thusfar, has been amazing. I'm hoping I can get early delivery as offered here. If you are even relatively close to Chicago, working with this dealership seems more than worth it. I'm a younger buyer, so I appreciate it when a dealership takes me seriously despite my age. A short conversation reveals that I am well versed in purchasing cars. You won't be disappointed with your experience at McGrath...and no, they did not put me up to these comments!

Thanks for the kind words. I don't know who is assisting you, but I'm sure your in good hands. As far as early delivery, we have filled our orders for the first 2 vehicle's coming in. We are still taking orders for these.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts