Lexus CT200h Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone,

I've got new car fever. I'll admit it.

I currently drive a MINI Cooper S I bought new in 2003. He's only got 72,000 miles on him, but he's getting expensive when he breaks down. I still enjoy driving the stick but I think I can give that up.

I want to get back to The Japanese car makers. I've driven many Hondas in the past and my wife currently has an 05 Acura TL. That being said, I'm looking quite hard at the CT and the Acura TSX Sportwagon. I love the looks of both cars. I love the milage of the CT and I love the cargo capacity of the Sportwagon. I know the Acura will be very comfortable.

I've seen a couple CTs driving around Las Vegas and they look like fun. Are they comfortable to drive? Is the ride smooth?

I probably won't be in a position to move on a purchase until next spring, so until then I'll just float around here soaking it all in.

SMFCT

·
Registered
209 Posts
Great fun to drive and more comfortable than my 2003 Lexus GS300. The ride is firm though, but the other side of the coin is it corners well. The seats are incredibly comfortable.

The other fun thing about the CT is that it's 2 cars (3 if you count Eco mode as separate from Normal) in one. The sport setting makes quite a big difference to the handling and acceleration of the car.

·
Premium Member
661 Posts
I agree with johnleigh, the CT is a comfortable ride and ergonomically set up compared to older Lexus models like my IS300, but not as smooth as the newer models such as ES's which float on clouds but CT is very comfortable. I'm usually only a single or one-passenger driver with occasional rear passengers so the cargo space provided by CT is plenty especially with the 60/40 foldable rear seats. As johnleigh has pointed out, the CT does have 3 driving modes that allow you to change your driving feel to how you are feeling that day and the amount of times and money I save from not having to go to the gas station is a big bonus.

I would suggest if you are waiting until Spring, why not schedule a test drive for both vehicles. Goodluck with your future decision. Feel free to ask any more questions.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts