Lexus CT200h Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Need some advice...I placed an order in May for a car that was supposed to be delivered in Sept/Oct. Of course, that was cancelled and now won't be ready till Dec/Jan. I was just offered a slightly different (and totally acceptable) alternative, but at this point I can't decide if I should just hold out one or two more months for a 2012. I originally thought that I should take the 2011 to avoid a price increase, but just saw the post that the CT is not getting a price increase for 2012, so now that part of my rationale is no good any more.

Any thoughts on the pros/cons of taking the '11 over waiting for a '12? My "I want it!" side says take the '11, my "Be smart!" side says wait for the '12. :confused:

·
Registered
100 Posts
if you get one of the earlier models you may have passenger door handle issues... but i think that was with the very first batch.

If i was you I'd take the 2011... depends on how much of a hurry you are in :)

·
Registered
245 Posts
Code:
Need some advice...I placed an order in May for a car that was supposed to be delivered in Sept/Oct. Of course, that was cancelled and now won't be ready till Dec/Jan. I was just offered a slightly different (and totally acceptable) alternative, but at this point I can't decide if I should just hold out one or two more months for a 2012. I originally thought that I should take the 2011 to avoid a price increase, but just saw the post that the CT is not getting a price increase for 2012, so now that part of my rationale is no good any more.

Any thoughts on the pros/cons of taking the '11 over waiting for a '12? My "I want it!" side says take the '11, my "Be smart!" side says wait for the '12. :confused:
The 2012 is going to have a higher trade in value at the end. If you go with the 2011, make sure you get a deal on it. Don't let all the talk about little or no difference between the two make you think the trade in value will be the same. It won't.

And why on earth would you at this late stge in the game go for a "totally acceptable" car?

·
Registered
9 Posts
I put an order in at the beginning of May. I got two calls from dealers that I was on the waiting list that they had a 2011 CT available that fit most but not all of my criteria. One would be ready on the 18th. and the other the following week. I chose to wait for the 2012 model year for resale value primarily. The dealers gave me no price break saying the demand is so high. I will most likely get a 2012 in a couple of months as I am number one on the 2012 list at the Richmond dealer. It was a difficult decision but I am at peace with it. Hopefully I'll get a white/caramel/nav combination.

·
Premium Member
1,101 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
I waited for the 2012 because of resale value and it was a less than two months wait. I also wanted the caramel interior. I bet the vast majority of thinking readers would do likewise. I also realize that taking the one in the hand is a good option considering the shortage of CTs at the time. I am excited to get the car that I wanted although I admit that my patience was running thin.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts