Lexus CT200h Forums banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Premium Member
875 Posts
how do you turn them on? :confused: or is that mod?

(got this picture from GL CT200 's gallery :D)
Are you thinking something other than when the headlights are on ..the tailights are also on ? Just trying to understand what you are going for.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have never seen light come out from both left and right side inner tail lights (pointed out by 2 arrows in the picture). When I turn on headlights or pressing break, only the outer left and right tail lights and the light on the tail wing would light up.

·
Premium Member
875 Posts
Rear Reflector

I have never seen light come out from both left and right side inner tail lights (pointed out by 2 arrows in the picture). When I turn on headlights or pressing break, only the outer left and right tail lights and the light on the tail wing would light up.
Those are only reflectors and don't have lights in them, SORRY :mad:

You can see more info about it here:
(sorry picture wouldn't show; Matt_RN was talking about relfector between rear left/right turn/brake/night lights)
two pictures from Sewell: the center red is reflectors, only lights in the trunk hatch are back-up and license plate

Rear light Sewell

Reflector Rear Sewell

·
Premium Member
957 Posts
I don't think he was referring to the reflectors, midcow3. It looks like the reflectors you mentioned are on the lower part of the CT's body.

·
Premium Member
957 Posts
A portion of my taillights kick on when I put the car into reverse. I also swapped out my reverse lights to LEDs.

Left is LED, right is standard lamp.

·
Registered
175 Posts
how do you turn them on? :confused: or is that mod?

(got this picture from GL CT200 's gallery :D)
Hi. The only lamp in the hatch door is for back-up lamp. The red piece underneath are only reflectors that show up at night from car headlights behind you.

Here's the exploded view of the assembly.

·
Premium Member
875 Posts
I don't think he was referring to the reflectors, midcow3. It looks like the reflectors you mentioned are on the lower part of the CT's body.
Matt_RN,

I might have pulled wrong Sewell picture; added both in EDIT. I was talking about the reflector between the left/right turn/brake/night rear lights. The only lights in the rear hatch are back-up ( shown in your picture) and license lights -sorry for any confusion.

MidCow3

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
thanks midcow, Matt and 11LFCH

So I guess this is just a mod then, but I have to say that it looks so much nicer if the inner reflectors can actually light up.

·
Registered
175 Posts
Japanese mod kit

There's also Japanese aftermarket mod kit that does that.

·
Premium Member
957 Posts
Hmm. where can I get this modified?! LOL. I didn't notice this until someone brought this up! It looks lacking in the dark!

·
Registered
146 Posts

·
Registered
205 Posts

·
Premium Member
957 Posts
Nah. They're expensive cuz they're JDM. LAAAAAMe in this case. He's the same seller charging several hundred for the puddle lamp LEDs.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I have the same problem. My two inside tailights (right below the back wiper) does NOT light up whether I have my headlights on or not. AND they're not on when I brake. Is it suppose to turn on or just for decoration?

Thanks

1 - 20 of 22 Posts