Lexus CT200h Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Everyone,

I just got this car and I have a sirius lifetime subscription. Much to my dismay, I found out that although they are one company, I can't switch subsciptions.

Is there any way to switch the wiring on it to make it compatible with Sirius without having to the tear the dashboard and puting an after market system?

Thanks.

·
Registered
180 Posts
Isn't the Sirius lifetime subscription for the lifetime of the radio, not the lifetime of the subscriber?
Yes, that's right! I have lifetime for my home XM receiver and I assume that it's the same for Sirius. Although, XM doesn't have lifetime for vehicle subscriptions (sort of makes sense, right!)

Because my home receiver is lifetime, my car receiver didn't qualify for a multi-receiver discount, so I kept the trial account for the car open (it was just easier that way and there was no benefit to putting both on the same account!)

One interesting thing...

When I was talking to the XM representative, she told me that they DO have lifetime for vehicles, if it's a radio only account! I believe that you can even change radios one time (Normally, it's three), but I may have remembered that wrong! Unfortunately, I also wanted NavTraffic and NavWeather, so I couldn't go lifetime. Instead, I paid for 5 years up front! Even though it was discounted more than any other option, it still cost more than lifetime! :(

·
Registered
180 Posts
Hi Everyone,

I just got this car and I have a sirius lifetime subscription. Much to my dismay, I found out that although they are one company, I can't switch subsciptions.

Is there any way to switch the wiring on it to make it compatible with Sirius without having to the tear the dashboard and puting an after market system?

Thanks.
Sorry, different technologies! You'll need to install a Sirius radio and a seperate antenna! :(

1 - 5 of 5 Posts