Lexus CT200h Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, I'm looking to swap the springs on my CT200h from the factory F-sport springs to the standard springs. The reason being is that my wife is driving the car more now and is looking for a bit better ride. I'm comfortable doing the work myself as I've completed this task on many other cars. My question is what all is required from a parts perspective. Can I just swap the springs or will I be needing new mounts/spacers for the springs to set in? Thanks in advance.

·
380 Posts
All you should need is the new springs. You will definitely want to rent a set of spring compressors though.

·
Registered
990 Posts
Hello, I'm looking to swap the springs on my CT200h from the factory F-sport springs to the standard springs. The reason being is that my wife is driving the car more now and is looking for a bit better ride. I'm comfortable doing the work myself as I've completed this task on many other cars. My question is what all is required from a parts perspective. Can I just swap the springs or will I be needing new mounts/spacers for the springs to set in? Thanks in advance.
Are the factory f sport springs lower than the non f sport?

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The fsport springs sit about an 1" lower than the standard springs. It makes for nice handling but without being able to defeat the esc you can never reach the limits anyways.

I have a full set of tools including spring compressors so I will be completing the job safely. I know with other cars there have been some different pieces required to swap springs, not just a simple swap. It sounds like this should be pretty straight forward however.

·
Registered
990 Posts
The fsport springs sit about an 1" lower than the standard springs. It makes for nice handling but without being able to defeat the esc you can never reach the limits anyways.

I have a full set of tools including spring compressors so I will be completing the job safely. I know with other cars there have been some different pieces required to swap springs, not just a simple swap. It sounds like this should be pretty straight forward however.
Did you already purchase the non f sport springs?

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

1 - 6 of 6 Posts