Lexus CT200h Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When my CT arrives, I plan to tint. In my Highlander, which is tinted, it's pretty hard to see out of the back windows in the early morning hours. So, I plan to swap out the reverse lights (and license plate lights) for some brighter LED lights.

Has anyone swapped theirs out and noticed better reverse visibility?

·
Registered
131 Posts
or some lamps on your driveway?

I suggest you to wait until you get your car, see if you have a problem with it and then trying to find a solution for it. I have lexus factory tint (not available in US) and have no problem at all seeing when its dark.
And if you have the backup camera in the rear view mirror or nav you will absolutely not have any problem at all with it.

If you get a problem with it I suggest some extra lamps in back that can be switched on and of, so that you dont dazzle ppl on the parking outside your local store :D

·
Registered
205 Posts

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
I am just looking for something that's a little brighter than the standard bulb. I have seen some you tube videos of led reverse installs that have made a big difference.

Adding lamps to the back of the car or to the driveway are a bit extreme.:D

bigleftyinez - you might want to get the 360 degree bulb. The one you linked to is one directional and probably wont reflect well off of the housing.

·
Registered
205 Posts
I am just looking for something that's a little brighter than the standard bulb. I have seen some you tube videos of led reverse installs that have made a big difference.

Adding lamps to the back of the car or to the driveway are a bit extreme.:D

bigleftyinez - you might want to get the 360 degree bulb. The one you linked to is one directional and probably wont reflect well off of the housing.
You asked for the brightest bulb avil .those are them . Cree lighting is suppose to be bright. These lol to work like a flashlight. Makes sense for reverse lights

1 - 6 of 6 Posts