Lexus CT200h Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone. My name is Alex and I'm a horsepower addict.

I never considered a hybrid until I saw the 200h. I test drove it today along side several other cars and I think it's the one for me. I currently drive a 94 Supra TT 6 speed. Single turbo, wheels, seats, fuel, EMS, etc. It's my 853whp baby and will stay with me till I die..... and maybe longer then that if my wife heeds my last wishes. Also have a 72 Datsun 240Z, but it's not very fast :)

I daily drive an E36 M3 sedan and can't wait to get out of it. At 23mpg, and requiring premium my 130 mile round trip commute to work is a killer.

Can't wait to get a CT. Starfire pearl over black will do it for me.

·
Registered
410 Posts
Take the plunge!! Definitely go for it! Everytime you go to the gas station, you can count the reasons why this car makes sense.

I just picked up my Starfire Pearl/blk interior today. So SWEET!! I was convinced even more during my awesome ride home. ;-D

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Can you post some pictures of yours... I know you have them !!! :). What options/accessories did you get with yours?

I was interested in it before. The test drive basically sealed the deal. Only thing left to do is test fit the baby seat and take the wife with me on the drive... that and find a starfire over black leather premium (gotta have the moon roof)

·
Registered
410 Posts
haha Believe it or not, I didn't take any pics myself, but my husband took a couple with his phone. He's gone to work now. l

My sig says the options. I would have liked black leather. However, I didn't want to wait for 2-4 months to get it. So I hoped on the one with the NuLuxe. I waited about 3 weeks only. Actually, I really like it. (miss the memory seat)

I ordered the cargo net, cargo mat, illuminated door sills & lower door molding (pre-ordered). My saleslady got me a great price on the door sills. ($200 installed) They had to order them and should be here next week.

Next week, I'm getting the 3M clear bra & window tint installed. Now, All I need is the F Sport Trident wheels. I hate waiting! ;-)

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
haha Believe it or not, I didn't take any pics myself, but my husband took a couple with his phone. He's gone to work now. l

My sig says the options. I would have liked black leather. However, I didn't want to wait for 2-4 months to get it. So I hoped on the one with the NuLuxe. I waited about 3 weeks only. Actually, I really like it. (miss the memory seat)

I ordered the cargo net, cargo mat, illuminated door sills & lower door molding (pre-ordered). My saleslady got me a great price on the door sills. ($200 installed) They had to order them and should be here next week.

Next week, I'm getting the 3M clear bra & window tint installed. Now, All I need is the F Sport Trident wheels. I hate waiting! ;-)
Nice! I was not planning to purchase till spring/summer, so I may just custom order one and wait the dreaded 2-4 months. Not that mine will be out of the ordinary, but I want a base premium, leather (although the NuLuxe felt pretty awesome), and Package A (sound). If there happens to be that exact car locally/within reach I may just have to pull the trigger a little sooner ;).

I really want to see some real life pictures of a Starfire in the sun. Magazine shots and Google images all seem doctored. Do you really love the color now that you own it?

·
Registered
410 Posts
I think you better pull the trigger if one comes along. hehe I was sooo glad to get mine today as the gas prices rise daily. Also, I expect all types of exports from Japan to be delayed due to the tsunami. My saleslady said even though the Lexus plant were not hit, some of their vendors were. ;-(

There are a couple pics of Starfire pearl on the Club Lexus forum. I think the pic my husband took might show the pearly affect. I didn't look at it.....but I will tomorrow. ;-)

Nice! I was not planning to purchase till spring/summer, so I may just custom order one and wait the dreaded 2-4 months. Not that mine will be out of the ordinary, but I want a base premium, leather (although the NuLuxe felt pretty awesome), and Package A (sound). If there happens to be that exact car locally/within reach I may just have to pull the trigger a little sooner ;).

I really want to see some real life pictures of a Starfire in the sun. Magazine shots and Google images all seem doctored. Do you really love the color now that you own it?

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Ok, I searched... I'm gonna need a link.

I can't wait to drive it again. It's not the power, not the handling, but I think it's the overall car that makes me want to revisit it. The one thing I can't stop praising are the UBER comfy and bolsterous seats, and the small, yet beefcake steering wheel. The digital dash is cool as well. It's one of these cars where you want to just see how good of mileage you can get.

I'm honestly friggin' jealous of you right now. The more I talk and think about it, the more I want one....NOW... :)

·
Registered
410 Posts
CT 200h Model - Club Lexus Forums

This the direct link to the forum.

Heyyyy, don't be hat'in!!! LOL!!! I totally agree about the seats & the steering wheel. I said the same thing. We have a 2010 Prius also and the difference to me is like NIGHT & DAY.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
There we go. Your car looks great! I drove a Fire Agate/Black NuLuxe today and it made me want the Starfire even more lol. Not that it's a bad color, it just wasn't the right color.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I'm still thinking if it's a nice idea having a hybrid car. Hybrid vehicles are said to conserve people lots of money. The proof is here: Hybrid cars a waste of money for most drivers It makes sense on the surface, as hybrids guzzle less gas. That notion is being challenged by a new study.
comparing a civic to a civic hybrid proves nothing. compare a ford f150, infiniti g37, acura mdx, or (insert any other gas guzzling premium unleaded 15-20mpg city driving vehicle) to a civic hybrid (or any hybrid for that matter) .. and lets talk :cool:

·
Registered
193 Posts
I didn't know this thread existed. to the OP.......you have sick Supra!!!! And I think thats pretty awesome that you drive an E46M3 daily driver.

I am familiar with the V160 equipped machines. My IS300 race car has a V160 in it. I daily'd a supercharged IS300, but have since been parting it out in anticipation to sell it for a CT200h!

My next ride in a year or two will be a Mark IV Supra for Friday/Saturday type driving as I can only take the race car out a dozen times a year w/ a trailer and tow vehicle.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I didn't know this thread existed. to the OP.......you have sick Supra!!!! And I think thats pretty awesome that you drive an E46M3 daily driver.

I am familiar with the V160 equipped machines. My IS300 race car has a V160 in it. I daily'd a supercharged IS300, but have since been parting it out in anticipation to sell it for a CT200h!

My next ride in a year or two will be a Mark IV Supra for Friday/Saturday type driving as I can only take the race car out a dozen times a year w/ a trailer and tow vehicle.
Thanks! She's my baby girl and I love her a lot. I build MKIV's for people in my spare time. Road race to drag to sunday driver's have come through here. There's nothing in an MKIV I have not taken down to its absolute stripped bare state including our beloved V160.

You're obviously a Toyota/Lexus guy so you absolutely need an MKIV. It's still my favorite car to date, and I've driven just about everything with wheels including R32-3-4-5 skylines.

Here's a picture of her :)

·
Registered
208 Posts
I'm still thinking if it's a nice idea having a hybrid car. Hybrid vehicles are said to conserve people lots of money. The proof is here: Hybrid cars a waste of money for most drivers It makes sense on the surface, as hybrids guzzle less gas. That notion is being challenged by a new study.
As a benchmark, I calculated the amount of money I've saved driving my Prius for the last 6 years as opposed to my previous car (G35 Coupe).

To date, I've saved roughly $25,000, using a $3/gal. gas price. This doesn't even take into account maintenance cost, which, other than oil and filters, have been $0 on the Prius.

I realize it's not comparing apples to apples, but this is real life - the Prius replaced the G35. Also, while in the article, it's easy to compare a Civic hybrid against a standard Civic, I think it's a little more difficult to compare another model to the Prius.

·
Registered
222 Posts
ovrbst, that's a really clean supra. you don't see too many on the road still, let alone clean ones like yours. lucky for you that you get to keep the supra and have the ct200h.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Your comparison is 100% warranted. Mine won't be as extreme as yours since my E36 gets about 23mpg. I'm estimating about $8000 over the next 5 years in fuel savings alone.

These are real world comparisons though. I went to Honda to look at civics and the sales guy even told me he wouldn't sell me a hybrid civic unless I was a tree hugging hippie whom he didn't like. Said the cost savings over 5 years negates the purchase price.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Its nice to see someone else with a 90's Japanese sports car. Very clean Supra! I have a 1990 300ZX in identical condition as your supra. I'll take my car out on special occasions but it sits in the garage most of the time. I'll be picking up a CT200H as a daily driver. If I want speed I'll take out the sports car or sport bike. With gas prices climbing I'll be looking for something I can afford to fill up. The CT is the first hybrid car to come out that has caught my attention.

·
Registered
193 Posts
ovrbst, nice clean supra. very nice. I like.

Ya. I'm totally a Toyota guy.

I'll be looking for a BPU MKIV in about a year's time to compliment my stable of cars. the CT as a daily, the race car as my race car.....and the Supra as my friday/saturday car.

There isn't much selection in Canada for the MKIV's. so I'l be looking down south for my purchase.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts