Lexus CT200h Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I noticed two companies (so far) that make custom sunshade for our CT's: Heatshield and Intro-Tech Automotive. Both pretty much look the same and priced about the same (makes me wonder if they are manufactured from the same source; just slapping their label on it).

I doubt anyone has both to compare with, but I'm wondering if anyone owns one or the other could let me know...

Is it effective?
Easy to use?
Too flimsy or stiff?
Good/bad quality?
Fairly priced?

Basically, your thoughts and review. Thanks.

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Those Autosport ones do look nice. I hope they come out before summer, though. It's already starting to get really hot in the car.

·
Registered
109 Posts
I'm a fan of those twisty foldable into a round circle. It doesn't use up much space when folded unlike the hard foldable type. I will need to get one soon.

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I got impatient, so I went ahead and ordered the one from Heatshield. I guess it is fairly priced (?) Hope it works well.

·
Registered
32 Posts
I was thinking about getting a heat blocking clear film I've seen at some of the tint places. It runs 150 bucks but blocks a great deal of heat and its always on so nothing to fold and put away.

·
Registered
20 Posts
I'm waiting for the foldable hard ones from like AutoSport AutoSport Catalog - Reflector Sunshade 800-953-0814 .

Hopefully they will be available soon, if not I'll take a knife and shape the one from my Highlander to fit till one becomes available.
I did order a heatshield one too. I don't mind the fold up type at all.

I did notice that CT200hChat has the Ultimate Reflector the CT200h. It says they are ready. It is the foldable type and it does have a storage bag. Looks pretty nice.

·
Registered
283 Posts
I did order a heatshield one too. I don't mind the fold up type at all.

I did notice that CT200hChat has the Ultimate Reflector the CT200h. It says they are ready. It is the foldable type and it does have a storage bag. Looks pretty nice.
Ahhh Great a new addition and that is what I was looking for. Thanks for letting me know they added them!!!!

·
Registered
410 Posts
I have the one from Heatshield. It's a perfect fit. I really like it. I keep it rolled up on the backseat floor.

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I have the one from Heatshield. It's a perfect fit. I really like it. I keep it rolled up on the backseat floor.
Mine just arrived in the mail today. Tried it out and it fits pretty well. I did not know it would be so stiff. The rear view mirror is enough to hold it in place. I wonder if it'll get flimsy over time, though.
Sun and heat coming up next week. Let's see how good this thing works!

·
Registered
410 Posts
YuDanJa: We had another one from Heatshield for our Prius for about 1.5 yrs and it never got flimsy...and we used it A LOT in Houston. In fact, we still have the Prius sunshade and we sold the car. ;-)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts