Lexus CT200h Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
From reading through all of the posts I know a lot of people are frustrated with the small visors and lack of extensions. I have only seen the following solutions which were just described as "OK".

Amazon.com: Gray - Side window Sun Visor Extenders: Automotive

http://www.visormates.com/index.htm

Has anyone had any luck with a very simple solution? I do not want a full visor organizer for CDs and things like that - just a very simple extender. My visor color is dark grey so I am not sure if the color clashes with the products above.

Thanks!

·
Registered
10 Posts
The wimpy sunvisor that is not effective is such an issue with me, I am considering trading in my car! Yes, Lexus should fix this! I live in Texas and sun protection is very important!

·
Registered
441 Posts
I live in Australia where it has recently been over 40 degrees (C) for 9 days in a row. Can't say I had a problem with the sun visor but.

·
Registered
648 Posts
You know what's funny, for about 6 years I drove a Miata. I'm 6ft 1in tall, so when you put down the Miata visors, from my point of view it took up the entire top half of the windshield. I ended up taking them completely off. This is so common in the Miata that a company makes Miata "visor plugs" to cover the mounting holes from where the visors were. So maybe the CT visors aren't so bad after all. :)

·
Registered
216 Posts
I wear sun glasses :p

·
Registered
441 Posts
Why just tint the windows? Get some thick brown paper and paste it on the inside of all the windows and cover the whole bl**dy lot up.

·
Registered
53 Posts
I do understand the issue, but a good, quality pair of sunglasses does work fine for me and my wife. No real complaints here.

I never use the visors in any car that drive. Not sure if I don't think of it or if I just don't need it since I always have my sunglasses.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Put on some sunglasses and tint your windows. Stop whining about Lexus not holding you hand. I'm short as **** and I don't have a problem with the visors.
Aw Geez!! Its not an issue from the front it's when the suns on your left (in the US) and they're too short to shade you unless you drive 6 inches for the steering wheel. Cars that cost half what these do, don't have this issue and other Lexus products have built in extenders so it OBVIOUSLY is on Lexus' radar. Someone effed up on the CT and I hope they will offer new ones as replacement parts so we don't have to strap cheap looking plastic pieces on the visors with rubber bands (though the visor-mates do work)

·
Registered
107 Posts
I drive south to work everyday and I mist admit the sun visors don't really do much in the way of blocking the sun. I wear sunglasses, but they don't help block the bright glare and the annoying heat pressed against my face.

I consider this a very minor issue, more of a nuisance than a real problem.

I just ordered some Visor Mates to see if they will help. I'll let you all know how they are after I test them out.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Registered
29 Posts
I'm with the comment regarding heat from side(sunglasses help with brightness but don't prevent me from looking like a 50-50 bar by weeks end)and I've had legal tint on my windows before and the main concern for me is its like driving with sunglasses on at night and adds adrenalin on demand every time you decide to make a lane change. No thanks.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
107 Posts
Got a chance to try those visor mates. Though they are a little tacky they solve the problem. They effectively block the sun. I recommend them. They are pretty cheap too, $12 or something, so you can't go wrong.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Registered
21 Posts
Peanut - why the jerk response? People are posting about a legitimate problem. "Get over it" is not a helpful solution. The visors are genuinely inadequate with the seat moved back.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts