Lexus CT200h Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hello forum!

I came here for help after a recent incident we had with our 2011 ct. While driving up a steady incline hill at approx 50mph the car began slowing down, pressing the accelerator had no effect. The car's power remained on, with all gauges functioning. The triangle warning light with the exclamation came on, and the car slowly pulled to a stop. We had made it to the side of the road, when the engine finally kicked on, and pressing on the pedal made the car go again.

The car now starts without the warning light and we've yet to have any more issues. We took it to the local dealer, they kept it for 2 days, and said they found no record of any warning in the computer, and no sign that there's anything wrong at all.

Any ideas? Fluke power drain? I'm understanding of technical issues occurring with cars, but the lack of any evidence of the general warning light in the data recorder of the computer is our main concern.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Were you running low on fuel? The Land Rover Freelander 2, for example, when running on a very low fuel, will cause a significant loss of power, and even stepping on the gas has no effect at all. I'm not sure with the CTs though. As soon as my low fuel light comes on I fill it up asap.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Always have your smart phone handy so if it happens again take a photo or video so you can show it to the dealer. I've done that on my wife's FL2.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Hello forum!

I came here for help after a recent incident we had with our 2011 ct. While driving up a steady incline hill at approx 50mph the car began slowing down, pressing the accelerator had no effect. The car's power remained on, with all gauges functioning. The triangle warning light with the exclamation came on, and the car slowly pulled to a stop. We had made it to the side of the road, when the engine finally kicked on, and pressing on the pedal made the car go again.

The car now starts without the warning light and we've yet to have any more issues. We took it to the local dealer, they kept it for 2 days, and said they found no record of any warning in the computer, and no sign that there's anything wrong at all.

Any ideas? Fluke power drain? I'm understanding of technical issues occurring with cars, but the lack of any evidence of the general warning light in the data recorder of the computer is our main concern.
Insufficient fuel flow, due to partially clogged fuel filter?
Have you ever replaced the fuel
filter?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts