Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Studless Winter Tires

Votes: 10 100.0%
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought my CT a few days ago and the first thing I plan to do is get the car ready for the winter. I am doubtful that the Michelin low profile all season tires will hold up to the New England Winter. I found out that Massachusetts will allow Studded Tires from November to April. I have never used Winter Tires before. Are there any recommendations on whether I should go studded to Sud-less for winter tires?

Thank you!

·
Registered
414 Posts
Not to reiterate here, but the topic of winter tires has been discussed in great lengths elsewhere on this board.

·
Registered
414 Posts
Oh, yah. Since we can't use studded tires in Ontario, I can't comment on them.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Studded tires tear up the road and are illigal most everywhere in the US.

·
Registered
371 Posts
Studded tires are not legal in Minnesota.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Many consumers don't know enough about tires to make an educated purchase. For some, the choice comes down to price and/or availability. Others buy tires based on appearance or reputation. Educated consumers know to purchase tires based on safety, quietness, road-holding ability, and wear. Winter driving is a challenge. Should you tackle the day with all-season or snow tires? Popular Mechanics uncovers the safer truth. Source of article:Deciding on winter versus all-season tires. That's too bad, because choosing the right tire can be the difference between and a near miss and an accident. Getting the right tire for a vehicle starts with finding a knowledgeable dealer. One who can help you select the tire best for the intended use. Tire retailers should also point out the pros and cons of each brand.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts