Lexus CT200h Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have noticed some new noises after shut down or power off. After turning the car off and sitting for about 30 seconds to 2 minutes the car makes a *click-click-thud* sound which comes from the engine area directly behind the drivers side dash and foot well. It resembled the sound of discs being exchanged in a multi-disc player....but only louder. It's a very mechanical sound. I have heard this before, but recently in addition to the noises a spring popping sound was added. *click-click-thud-boing*.

Anyone experience this? I looked on some Prius sites and found very little.

·
Registered
48 Posts
I'm sure this has been discussed before... if I recall correctly, it's the coolant system pumping into a warming container that helps speed things up at start up.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks MrCelloBoy, but i am 100% sure it is not that making the sound. i can hear that happening later. This sound is mechanical in nature and sounds like parts moving.

·
Registered
441 Posts
Trust me, don't worry about it. Unless you're car is not functioning properly there is nothing to worry about. This is the most common thread topic amongst new owners and it's all normal.

Agree. The little CT works in mysterious ways its wonders to perform.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts